vb:literal>

View Poll Results: How often do you look at the encrypted hint before finding the cache

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always

14 38.89%
  • Most of the time

14 38.89%
  • Sometimes if I need to

8 22.22%
  • Never

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using Hints

Default Using Hints

How often do you look at the encrypted hint before finding the cache?

We're shameless. We always look. The PDA is set to automatically decrypt hints.

I usually never read the hints unless I am totally stumped. In fact, many times I don't even read the cache description. I guess that's why so many of my logs start off with "I don't think I came in the right way..."

I have used the hints sooner than I normally would have if we are pressed for time and want that one last cache, or if there are many people around and we don't want to give ourselves away. But even then, I never read the hints before getting to ground zero and accessing the situation.

But, to each his own - obviously if a hider gives hints he wants you to find the cache.

Default only when I have to

I always print it out decoded, but only look when I am stumped.

Default Hmmm

I often look when I print the paper for the cache, but try not to look again when I am doing it. Goodness knows, even the hints don't help me half the time - LOL!

Default The hints

Not only do I read them...I tend to analyze them...you know, think strategically...just what could this mean. Then when I get to the cache site, I've got the hint pretty well memorized. Usually doesn't help me either...

I read them about 75% of the time.. depends on how hard the cache looks..
    Jordan
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Thumbs up Hints?

Oh I just thought they were more strangley written descriptions. I do take a peek at the hints on a regular basis. After all I AM out there to find the cache and not turn in a DNF. More than likely I'll can find it without the help, but sometimes as we all know I could have a neon sign with a big arrow and it wouldn't matter.

Default Hints...What Hints?

Hey the way I look at it is that the hints are there for a reason.........To use of course and I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Hey the way I look at it is that the hints are there for a reason.........To use of course and I always do.
    I suppose you could also say some cache hiders leave hints off from a cache for a reason, too!