vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RE: Funny to read, but not if it happened to you

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    When's a good night for you dave? we'll go get some pizza, get tanked up, and go fork jake's lawn!!
    I don't know about the last two items, but I'm game for the pizza.

True story: Last night the UHOP owners were at the fire house since they raised money for us in a raffle/food sale last Friday -- they ended up presenting us with a check for over $1,400. One guy even gave them a $400 donation for a slice of pizza -- see, I told you guys it's good!!! Afterwards we took the family around the block in the fire engine as a small goodwill gesture of thanks. The bad news: I didn't win the free pizza for a year second-place prize. The good news: Heidi won the first place prize in the raffle which was $100 . . . thereby dispelling her belief that she is unlucky and never wins anything.

Another true story: Heidi just called me and said Rita at UHOP wanted me to call her . . . which is convenient since we figured we would order dinner there tonight and thereby kill the proverbial two birds with one stone.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    haha, we finally did get a ride back, but we mustve looked pretty creepy because I was even holding out a $20 and no one was stopping! what's the world comin too....

Hiram hiram hiram (sighhhh) . You werent using your resources. Wasnt Steph with you. You should thrown her in some daisy shorts and you would have been all set

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Hiram hiram hiram (sighhhh) . You werent using your resources. Wasnt Steph with you. You should thrown her in some daisy shorts and you would have been all set

no, because then I would've still been stuck walking...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I'm being serious . . . I still have no clue as to what you are talking about . . . must be an "Ohio thing." Anyone else know what in Hades Hiram is talking about here or am I just a clueless Maine hick?
    Honestly, I was afraid to ask - lol
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Honestly, I was afraid to ask - lol
    Well I feel better -- at least someone else has no idea what Hiram is talking about and . . . WHAT, Hey . . . got to go . . . I think Hiram is out front with Dave1976 right now sticking Kentucky Fried Chicken Sporks into my flowerbed!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Well I feel better -- at least someone else has no idea what Hiram is talking about and . . . WHAT, Hey . . . got to go . . . I think Hiram is out front with Dave1976 right now sticking Kentucky Fried Chicken Sporks into my flowerbed!
    Nope . . . I was wrong. It was some local amorous cat . . . and so the question about forking the lawn remains.

and so the question about forking the lawn remains.
    i don't get it either!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Smile Take a picture

After you have forked the lawn would you take a picture and post it for all of us to see??

A house is not a home without a cat.

I'm being serious . . . I still have no clue as to what you are talking about . . . must be an "Ohio thing." Anyone else know what in Hades Hiram is talking about here or am I just a clueless Maine hick?
    don't worry Jake... one morning you'll wake up and you'll know what it's all about! it's one of my top 10 favorite pranks, right up there with taking a house for sale sign from someones lawn and puttin it on someone elses lawn....

anyone interested in forking Jakes lawn... send me a PM...