vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RE: Funny to read, but not if it happened to you

Default RE: Funny to read, but not if it happened to you

I was checking the log entries for my caches when I found this log entry from a rather familiar GCmaine.org character . . . definitely made my day as it was rather amusing to read . . . but I imagine not so funny for the folks affected. I hope you're able to get the White Jeep back in order soon without a whole lot of expense.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...5-18d9d5cfd6a2

So what date exactly was your anniversary? Please tell me that you didn't spend your anniversary attempting this cache.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I was checking the log entries for my caches when I found this log entry from a rather familiar GCmaine.org character . . . definitely made my day as it was rather amusing to read . . . but I imagine not so funny for the folks affected. I hope you're able to get the White Jeep back in order soon without a whole lot of expense.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...5-18d9d5cfd6a2

So what date exactly was your anniversary? Please tell me that you didn't spend your anniversary attempting this cache.
    ...Jake, our anniversary was yesterday, and yes the majority of the day was spent at your cache. definitely one we will never forget.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    ...Jake, our anniversary was yesterday, and yes the majority of the day was spent at your cache. definitely one we will never forget.
    Well if Steph doesn't divorce you after what you guys went through yesterday I would say you should have a long (but maybe not always so happy) marriage!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Well, it is supposed to be all about the stories and not the numbers, right?
    I can't belive you don't have Jake's #, even I've got Jake's #....Don't feel too awful, I did pretty much the same thing in Portland doing a geocache and had to use my sil AAA card for a tow truck. The Scooby Doo feel into the ditch and John said "huh". then after I got out he had to sit on the hood of the car to keep it from rolling over, all this in the rain.
    :-)
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

ohhhhhhh, the stories!! Thanks for sharing : )
    ~ Beach Comber ~

thanks for the story, I see someone has similar tales to me.

dragonflys
    Make love not micros

Wow!! Would have loved to see pics of that "adventure"!! Glad you made it out OK.

d’76 Guest

Hiram if you are interested I have the waypoint to Jakes house.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Well if Steph doesn't divorce you after what you guys went through yesterday I would say you should have a long (but maybe not always so happy) marriage!
    Through the good times and the bad...

Like I said, we'll never forget this one. It was definitely an adventure, (and one of the few times I actually attempted hitch hiking in my life)

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    Well, it is supposed to be all about the stories and not the numbers, right?
    I can't belive you don't have Jake's #, even I've got Jake's #....Don't feel too awful, I did pretty much the same thing in Portland doing a geocache and had to use my sil AAA card for a tow truck. The Scooby Doo feel into the ditch and John said "huh". then after I got out he had to sit on the hood of the car to keep it from rolling over, all this in the rain.
    :-)
    heh, well I have Jakes numbers... but they were at home, and I wasn't there... and there was no phone around (and we don't have a cell phone) So we kicked it old school and depended on the kindness of others... ( I find as the years go by it gets harder and harder to do such a thing. )