vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Underwater Caches

Default Underwater Caches

Hi,

This past weekend, we checked out GC6F8A, Super Duper Underwater Hydro Cache 2.0.
    Unfortunately it turned out to be a DNF but based on the hint and past posts, we believe that the cache just didn't make it through the past winter (it hadn't been found since last summer).

This got me thinking about underwater caches in general. Has anyone done any in the past or know of any in the state of Maine or NH? I'd love to be able to actually log a find on one.

Jeff
    Team Afrofish

As far as I know this was the only one in the state. Ask T2H he found it or should I say both of them.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default 2 underwater caches

There are two underwater caches that I know of locally. The one that is mentioned in your post. Troy and I did this one last summer. There are actually two caches at the location (??) the old one and a newer one. We were planning on going back this summer and log the newer one, as to make the find " legal ". Still planning to. The other one is GCQEQ7 20,000 Leagues under Province Lake. On the Maine and New Hampshire border along route 153. A crowded tourist beach. Probally a better fall swim. It is temporarily disabled right now. May have been muggles by sea creatures.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Yeah, we were hoping to get over and bag 20,000 Leagues one of these weekends, and it just got pulled I can't see how SDUHC2 could have a problem through the winter... the cache is held in place with a rope and spring clip, unless it didn't get clipped back on properly last summer.

You didn't happen to see a pair of glasses down there by any chance, did you?

I only got one shot and then chickend out because someone was draggin their kids around on a tube and not paying much attention to me! I forgot to look for the glasses!

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    Yeah, we were hoping to get over and bag 20,000 Leagues one of these weekends, and it just got pulled I can't see how SDUHC2 could have a problem through the winter... the cache is held in place with a rope and spring clip, unless it didn't get clipped back on properly last summer.

You didn't happen to see a pair of glasses down there by any chance, did you?
    That is one of the two caches down there. You will discover the other one if you read the logs. I'm sure they are both there. We used mask and fins to get to it.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I was up at my sister's house a couple miles from Province Lake last weekend and was planning on going for that one, but it was disabled a few hours before I left to head up. Hopefully it will be revived soon.
    "When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    That is one of the two caches down there. You will discover the other one if you read the logs. I'm sure they are both there. We used mask and fins to get to it.
    Yeah, after 45 minutes of treading water looking for my damned glasses, I was in no mood to invest much more time into the cache! Kendra dove for it several times trying to untie it, then gave up. When I went down, I couldn't see much at all without glasses, so I grabbed the first thing that looked like a cache. I'm getting a nervous twitch right now talking bout it...

Quote Originally Posted by Team2Hunt
    As for GC6F8A I was down in the cache area the clue describes with a mask but definitely didn't see anything that resembled a cache, only a bunch of rocks in the "clue". T2H, looking to adopt a cache? The cache owner hasn't logged into GC.com since Saturday, March 26, 2005. I didn't see any glasses either . T2H, I'll be interested to read your log on your return visit. I've got a watch on that cache now.

TAT, we read your logs (last year and this year with the tube people). You certainly have made the effort. We had a couple people flying by on gaspowered craft but since we had two canoes we could shelter ourselves from their paths.

Bummer about 20,000 leagues. Looks like srt4guy is going to replace it though so maybe a summer 2006 underwater cache is still a possibility.

Thanks everyone,
    Jeff

Default group search

Does anyone want to get together and do the cache as a group? I will bring the jet ski to make it alittle easier. There is another virtual cache on the other end of the pond, and two nearby caches on land. I would not want to adopt an underwater cache. Doing it is all the trouble I need.