vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Underwater Caches

This sounds like a good plan. It all depends on when.
    Blazing Troll

Default hurry

Before it gets archived!!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Saturday, August 12th

We can't do it this weekend (Aug 5 & 6) but would Saturday, August 12th work for you? We can bring our canoe out again, although we'd be playing catch up to your Jetski for "The Rock". As for others in the immediate area there are Mtn View and Pleasant Surprise II (GC169C) which could be a fun hike as a group.

Maybe we could do the mountain hike and then do the water cache after as a refreshing cool down.

Jeff
    Team Afrofish

Quote Originally Posted by TeamAfrofish
    We can't do it this weekend (Aug 5 & 6) but would Saturday, August 12th work for you? We can bring our canoe out again, although we'd be playing catch up to your Jetski for "The Rock". As for others in the immediate area there are Mtn View and Pleasant Surprise II (GC169C) which could be a fun hike as a group.

Maybe we could do the mountain hike and then do the water cache after as a refreshing cool down.

Jeff
    Team Afrofish
    I just had a very funny picture pop into my head of TeamAfrofish being towed behind Team2Hunt's jetski at a mind-numbing rate of speed . . . can you imagine the ol' Old Town leaving a wake behind it?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I just had a very funny picture pop into my head of TeamAfrofish being towed behind Team2Hunt's jetski at a mind-numbing rate of speed . . . can you imagine the ol' Old Town leaving a wake behind it?
    Funny, I sort of had the same thought! It is an Old Town . Perhaps that would be a expibition Olympic sport or more appropriately X-Games? Some sort of slalom with bouys?

Upon further thought, paddles work just fine.

Default I'm in!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamAfrofish

Jeff
    Team Afrofish
    The 12th is open and alright for the Team. We could meet at the Home Depot in Windham around 9:00-9:30am. Or Tim Horton's across the street if it's an early start. If this is a go, I will send gpsfun an email that we are going to check it out. Then we'll clean it up and archive it, if necessary. The hike is also a good idea.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Note posted

I see the cache owner has posted a note, and will return to the cache sometime around the 21st of August, and replace it.

I thinks thats pretty cool. Just goes to show what a little communication will do to instigate some action.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    I see the cache owner has posted a note, and will return to the cache sometime around the 21st of August, and replace it.
    Since the cache owner is heading back out there on the 21st of this month, I guess we'll hold off on the multi-team Moutain Assault/Water Cache jet-ski/canoe attack. We may as well wait to do our 2nd attempt until after the maintenance has been done.

We were surprised to see that someone had logged a find for Super Duper Underwater Hydro Cache 2.0 yesterday. We read the entry, the find was more like a "we found it.... sort-of so we figure we'll log it". Not quite sure the reasoning there but to each their own.

T2H, thanks for the offer to return to the cache and thanks Haffy for posting a maintenance note of the cache, looks like the GC community is spinning like a top.

Team Afrofish

Nice work, everyone... I'm glad this cache didn't fall by the wayside.

We were surprised to see that someone had logged a find for Super Duper Underwater Hydro Cache 2.0 yesterday. We read the entry, the find was more like a "we found it.... sort-of so we figure we'll log it". Not quite sure the reasoning there but to each their own.
    Based on past logs, I think the owner cuts the finder some slack if they obviously were in the right area and could have found the cache had it been there. Looking back, it became apparent after the fact that we had found the old cache, not the new cache, but I feel we would have been able to find the right one had we known. I'm a-keepin' my find!