vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geocacher Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Or maybe call it "Those Freakin' Retirees Have Nothing Better To Do"!
    i agree!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Or maybe call it "Those Freakin' Retirees Have Nothing Better To Do"!
    Rumor has it that Hiram will be retiring soon and will allow Steph to work while he spends his days in the worthwhile pursuit of looking for Happy Meal Toys . . . I believe he's taking early-early retirement.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Rumor has it that Hiram will be retiring soon and will allow Steph to work while he spends his days in the worthwhile pursuit of looking for Happy Meal Toys . . . I believe he's taking early-early retirement.
    Jake... I prefer the term Proffesional Geocaching Technician
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

With 281 finds we are ranked 10036th with 31 other cachers at this second in time definately NOT about the numbers !!

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup
    With 281 finds we are ranked 10036th with 31 other cachers at this second in time definately NOT about the numbers !!
    but if you really want to get technical about it, you should only group yourself with the cachers that started caching at the same time you did.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

So that would give you your caching rate or in other words speed. And how quickly you achieved your numbers.
    Now that would REALLY be all about the numbers !! LOL and bordering on the obsessive!!
    Even though it is not about the numbers..... we are at a rate of 1.068441064638783269961863118 caches per day or somewhere around there
    So caching for us is like a One-A-Day vitamin

team moxiepup : Even though it is not about the numbers..... we are at a rate of 1.068441064638783269961863118 caches per day

Hmm, that puts me at only 0.12 per day, since my first find.

But then, I only found a total of 25 in all of 2004 and 2005, so that pushes the average WAY down... So perhaps a better measurement (or at least one giving higher numbers )would take actual days spent caching into account - So that would put me at 2.54 Finds per CachingDay. Almost a measure of efficiency, rather than speed.

Hmm, why does this remind me waaaaay too much of 1st semester physics? "Remember class, the first derivative of position with respect to time gives us velocity; The second derivative gives accelleration...". Nope. Don't want to go there. I just have a paltry 137 finds, and I'll stick with that.

Wow... The numbers I had to find to do the math point out another interesting statistic - I have spent one half of one percent of my waking life geocaching. If I include time letterboxing with that, I have spent 1.32% of my waking life in the woods searching for tupperware. Freaky.

1.068 44 10 646 387832 69 9 618 63118
    Do I see a set of coordinates buried in there?

<<< Hauls out the calculator to figure out ...distance traveled per cache per day per gallon of gas per sunny day!!!! LOL
    You gotta love numbers and how they can be manipulated to fit our needs

And yes TAT that does look like a waypoint doesn't it.... maybe there is something there under a pile of sticks

<<< Hauls out the calculator to figure out ...distance traveled per cache per day per gallon of gas per sunny day!!!!
    (I don't think you really want to do that... Would have a VERY detrimental effect on the sport of geocaching! LOL!)