vb:literal>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Appropiate Cache site?

Thanks Rik. I will let everyone know what he says in regards to my e-mail also.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I believe it is a couple from the e-mailed discussions I had with them . . . but of course I could be wrong as it is all too easy to hide one's real personality and agenda behind a keyboard.

I honestly do not believe the cache owner put a cache there with malicious intentions . . . I think they simply figured it would be a good spot. I suspect these folks may be just a bit more clueless than me or may not live right in the area and be aware of the activities that go on there. I say this because I can't imagine any really good reason for putting a cache there for malicious reasons.
    If you've emailed them before, you might want to email them again, encourage them to stop by here and view the concerns people have with their cache, and recommend that they archive it.

Not sure why they wouldn't have done so already if they KNOW there are concerns.

I too have emailed the owner and expressed my concerns even though I havent been to the cache myself. If it were my cache and I had similar emails and others had concerns about it's location I would have removed it long ago. . When and if I do receive a reply I will be sure to let everyone else know what they had to say about it.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

d’76 Guest

GPSfun has posted a note to the web page

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-8d9be7853f42

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976

i like what gpsfun wrote and i hope the owners respond. i had no trouble when i went to the cache - it hadn't been out long at that point - but there were 3 cars there in the parking lot, and only one had people in it. as it was raining, i couldn't see who was in the car, but apparently i didn't interest them much! i overshot the cache, and the mattress and lawn chair i spotted a little further on were quite disgusting! this place is well known to the local police.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976

I think we've got one of the best gc.com reviewers in GPSFun! Great guy - and a lot of us have enjoyed meeting him at geocaching events. We're lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow
    Thanks Rik. I will let everyone know what he says in regards to my e-mail also.
    He e-mailed me and said that he posted a note on the cache page. Guess it is a wait and see thing now.

Gpsfun is a great guy. Always helping when needed. We haven't met him yet though.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

GPSfun post is very appropriate and gentle. I agree he is a great reviewer. We have all verbalized well our concerns (both good and bad) about this cache.

If you are at all uncomfortable - after reading it all here and what is left on the cache page - then don't do it - it is not worth that one number.

Hope this great container and items can be moved to a more user friendly spot and I am sure that are loads of cachers who would help the owner if asked.

I'd rather fight to take the area back, than pull the cache and hand the park over to those guys. It's not about being gay; it's about public sex. They're not even secretive. One guy even asked if I worked for the Bird Sanctuary, since "I haven't seen you here before". I emailed the State Police and did not get a response. I am going to email once more as a courtesy to let them know that if they don't respond, it's going to be in the Bangor Daily News. We can stay away and write the place off, or we can take it back for the public.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky
    I'd rather fight to take the area back, than pull the cache and hand the park over to those guys. It's not about being gay; it's about public sex. They're not even secretive. One guy even asked if I worked for the Bird Sanctuary, since "I haven't seen you here before". I emailed the State Police and did not get a response. I am going to email once more as a courtesy to let them know that if they don't respond, it's going to be in the Bangor Daily News. We can stay away and write the place off, or we can take it back for the public.
    I agree with you 100% . . . to me it's all about using an area for a purpose that it was not designed to do (i.e. be a place where travelers could stop and stretch their legs, walk their dogs or use the restroom) and now it's simply a place to hook up . . . and like you for me it's not about the sexual orientation . . . I would feel the same if it was folks using the area to buy drugs.

Sad to say what will most likely happen in this case as has happened in other places similar to this is that the DOT will simply erect barricades or bulldoze the place in and therefore everyone loses.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."