vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Well I did it again . . .

Default RE: Well I did it again . . .

Next week I may be geocaching/camping with my younger brother Brian so I decided today to purchase a second GPSr so that we can both search together without one or the other of us being GPSr-less . . . plus I figured having a second, newer unit can't hurt things when hiding and seeking the cache.

I actually took a look at some of the Garmins, but in the end I went with a Magellan Explorist 210 to complement my Magellan Meridian Color. The Explorist is a heckuva lot smaller than my Meridian and has most of the features that I want in a "back-up" unit -- i.e. I can load mapping software (albeit not as much of a map as my Meridian), the price was just over $150 and it's set up pretty similiar to the Meridian so there's little to no learning curve.

OK, let the Magellan insults and slurs begin . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Next week I may be geocaching/camping with my younger brother Brian so I decided today to purchase a second GPSr so that we can both search together without one or the other of us being GPSr-less . . . plus I figured having a second, newer unit can't hurt things when hiding and seeking the cache.

I actually took a look at some of the Garmins, but in the end I went with a Magellan Explorist 210 to complement my Magellan Meridian Color. The Explorist is a heckuva lot smaller than my Meridian and has most of the features that I want in a "back-up" unit -- i.e. I can load mapping software (albeit not as much of a map as my Meridian), the price was just over $150 and it's set up pretty similiar to the Meridian so there's little to no learning curve.

Sighhhh, just when I thought there was hope. At least did you buy it locally.

I actually took a look at some of the Garmins, but in the end I went with a Magellan Explorist 210 to complement my Magellan Meridian Color.
    oh, i want one! i have been looking at the explorist for a while now. if i get another gps, that is what i would get. let me know how wonderful it is!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Well, it's no fun if you ask us for the insult! It needs to happen when you aren't expecting it!!

-RanMan22

*sigh* I don't know you.....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by RanMan22
    Well, it's no fun if you ask us for the insult! It needs to happen when you aren't expecting it!!

-RanMan22
    Speaking of which, how did you do at the Hand and Foot Tournament?

Weren't expecting that, were you?

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Speaking of which, how did you do at the Hand and Foot Tournament?

Weren't expecting that, were you?
    That has nothing to do with Geocaching, so you are OFF-TOPIC! Shhhh!

-RanMan22

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Sighhhh, just when I thought there was hope. At least did you buy it locally.
    Kind of . . . sort of . . . I got it at Circuit City (I don't know if you would consider them "local") for $149 before taxes. The best price I could find on line at retail shops (as opposed to private sales on e-bay) was $136 and I figured once you figured in shipping it would come pretty close to the same price . . . plus I like the instant gratification and not having to wait. I checked out the Map Store on line, but they didn't have this product.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

No, no... No slurs or insults. Just great disappointment that we've failed with you...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    No, no... No slurs or insults. Just great disappointment that we've failed with you...
    If it's any consolation I looked at those new high-winder Garmin models, but I just couldn't bring myself to drop $400+ on a GPSr when my ol' Magellan Meridian works fine . . . I really needed to get a simple back-up model without a lot of doo-dads and whistles and so I opted for the Explorist210. But the point is, I did actually look at a Garmin.