vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RE: Well I did it again . . .

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Hey now . . . I've been good and haven't mentioned the fact that you and your Garmin boomeranged past the Old Canada Road cache on the TL 2006 event . . . I suppose you could blame that on your navigator though!
    that wasn't my garmin, that was my Delorme Earthmate (I haven't been too impressed with it lately)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    that wasn't my garmin, that was my Delorme Earthmate (I haven't been too impressed with it lately)
    I see . . . it did seem pretty handy though in mapping out routes with possible caches along the way.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I see . . . it did seem pretty handy though in mapping out routes with possible caches along the way.
    It's really handy when it comes to that, and finding out which caches you're closest too, but when it comes down to the accuracy of the roads (not the GPSr) on the map, you pretty much have to learn to not trust it and start to keep an eye out when you're coming up to your turns and destinations. (the roads aren't always where the map says they are... which is kinda depressing for the Maine maps considering their world headquarters are only 60mi south of here!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    It's really handy when it comes to that, and finding out which caches you're closest too, but when it comes down to the accuracy of the roads (not the GPSr) on the map, you pretty much have to learn to not trust it and start to keep an eye out when you're coming up to your turns and destinations. (the roads aren't always where the map says they are... which is kinda depressing for the Maine maps considering their world headquarters are only 60mi south of here!)
    Rather surprising . . . especially considering how the DeLorme can be found in just about every serious Mainer's truck, camp, etc.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Rather surprising . . . especially considering how the DeLorme can be found in just about every serious Mainer's truck, camp, etc.
    I think it's just their software (i've never had issues with the atlas) but the new Rt 3 in Augusta doesn't even show up!

Thats because it is so new I would think.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    Thats because it is so new I would think.
    but its in the delorme atlas, and my software is a 2006 edition, and the new rt 3 is in last years atlas too... (maybe they should just stick to paper maps)