vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Rest Area Caches

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    I didn't see anywhere that all rest area caches should be eliminated,in just this ONE instance even after all the complaints nothing was done to make others aware of the potential goings on here.
    I guess I misunderstood - my apology. The title of the thread.......

Bad Rest Area Caches

........in plural context made me think it was referring to rest areas in general. Plus there have been a number of comments indicating that rest areas are well known for this type of activity. These two things led me to believe that, though this thread is primarily around that one cache, that the perception that all/most rest area caches are compromised locations.

Sorry for the incorrect inuendo on my part!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Actually I have never myself been to a Bad rest area cache yet. All the ones I have done have been very good ones with no abnormal activities going on that I knew of. Albeit I haven't been to the one in question though.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Actually I have never myself been to a Bad rest area cache yet. All the ones I have done have been very good ones with no abnormal activities going on that I knew of. Albeit I haven't been to the one in question though.
    I agree with you on that one haffy, the fitz cache is the only one that had me really freaked out. all the others along 95 and the rest area caches up 201 and 27 are all in pretty nice spots.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Thats the one that is referred to Jordan....lol
    My bad -- I should read it a little closer next time
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Before this gets too carried away, I'd like to make a suggestion? Everyone just needs take a moment, take a deep breath and remove their PERSONAL BELIEFS from their posts for this topic before submitting them. Going to ANY place for a geocache where people are unexpectedly and openly engaging in sexual acts are hopefully the ONLY issue people are having, not the sexual orientation of the people that meet here for it. A hotel window cache or a cache under the bed of a married couple should be no less disturbing.

To reference this cache as ‘bad’ and also to mention the cache owner by name is completely uncalled for. They haven’t signed into their account for two weeks now and have only found five caches. They hid this in the middle of May, probably way before any of this would have been obvious. They also could have hid it in April as well and waited to submit it to geocaching.com – why this ‘topic’ ever got posted to the groundspeak forums is beyond me. Now there are STUPID posts regarding mosquitoes of all things! A simple e-mail to gpsfun and it would have been over and done with, even though he was already well aware of the situation.

Here at geocachingmaine? Posting a simple ‘Hey, you might want to check out this cache listing before you go do it… just in case’ note and locking the topic on this site would have been the way to go.

I hope all of you are ready to stand behind TAT (no matter what!) if someone comes along and inadvertently does something similar as to what Haffy just did. I'm sure this geocacher is equally as blindsided as TAT would be right about now?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoMaine
    Before this gets too carried away, I'd like to make a suggestion? Everyone just needs take a moment, take a deep breath and remove their PERSONAL BELIEFS from their posts for this topic before submitting them. Going to ANY place for a geocache where people are unexpectedly and openly engaging in sexual acts are hopefully the ONLY issue people are having, not the sexual orientation of the people that meet here for it. A hotel window cache or a cache under the bed of a married couple should be no more and no less disturbing.

To reference this cache as ‘bad’ and also to mention the cache owner by name is completely uncalled for. They haven’t signed into their account for two weeks now and have only found five caches. They hid this in the middle of May, probably way before any of this would have been obvious. They also could have hid it in April as well and waited to submit it to geocaching.com – why this ‘topic’ ever got posted to the groundspeak forums is beyond me. Now there are STUPID posts regarding mosquitoes of all things. A simple e-mail to gpsfun and it would have been over and done with, even though he was already well aware of the situation.

Here at geocachingmaine? Posting a simple ‘Hey, you might want to check out this cache listing before you go do it… just in case’ note and locking the topic on this site would have been the way to go.

I hope all of you are ready to stand behind TAT if someone comes along and inadvertently does something similar as to what Haffy did?
    It looks like you missed all the discussion on the rest of the forums. You need to go back and read the thread called Appropiate Cache site?. This will probably clear a lot up for you.

If you had read the other thread you would have read that the cache owner has been contacted and refused to remove the cache and that GPSFUN was contacted and has also written to the cache owner and gave them 10 days to do something.

Sorry to be so blunt. But I have no idea where you come off talking about a hotel window cache or a cache under the bed of a married couple. This has nothing to do with sexual preference.
    Blazing Troll

Like Attroll said, even if you check the cache listing, you can see people's comments and the owner has not made ANY attempt to disable the cache or archive it, or even hear out what people have o say in general, fact of the matter being, he set it there (his only cache) and now isn't going to take care of it anyway, even if it needed maintenance besides the fact, so the cache should be disabled anyway!
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    It looks like you missed all the discussion on the rest of the forums. You need to go back and read the thread called Appropiate Cache site?. This will probably clear a lot up for you.

If you had read the other thread you would have read that the cache owner has been contacted and refused to remove the cache and that GPSFUN was contacted and has also written to the cache owner and gave them 10 days to do something.

Sorry to be so blunt. But I have no idea where you come off talking about a hotel window cache or a cache under the bed of a married couple. This has nothing to do with sexual preference.
    Rick, you probably should go through all of the posts and actually READ them (not just skim them) before you make a blanket statement like that? Not just the last page. ALL of them. I have and there are many examples.

Better yet, just delete both my posts, it's immediately obvious I'm not ever going to be welcome here with an opinion that isn't shared by the masses.

BTW: Even using the word 'preference' is showing your bias against gay and lesbian couples. To suggest that they somehow 'chose' their sexual orientation is no different than someone suggesting that you 'chose' to be 'straight'.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeoMaine
    Rick, you probably should go through all of the posts and actually READ them (not just skim them) before you make a blanket statement like that? Not just the last page. ALL of them. I have and there are many examples.

Better yet, just delete both my posts, it's immediately obvious I'm not ever going to be welcome here with an opinion that isn't shared by the masses.

BTW: Even using the word 'preference' is showing your bias against gay and lesbian couples. To suggest that they somehow 'chose' their sexual orientation is no different than someone suggesting that you 'chose' to be 'straight'.
    UHGGGG. We

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    UHGGGG. We
    I dont like this new no edit stuff.

UHHHHGGGGG we where doing just fine before