vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Article in the Bangor Daily News

Perhaps, they should have a personal invitation to the Last Bash of the Summer Event. It's close. He could meet a good cross section of the community.

Geez you guys...lighten up!! We were with John at the SeaDog last night when the segment aired. Although his sister has been geocaching, he is new to it but finds it very interesting. We forget how we bumbled around when we first started geocaching...and some of us are still bumbling around...including me. I thought it was a very lighthearted depiction of a newbie and how they might feel, even the lack of CITOing. We had a little discussion of what to look for when finding caches and also the many activities you can combine with geocaching. He plans to continue geocaching and maybe we can get him to a local event...Brad's possiblity. Happy caching!

Agree with you Frank - we all started there and hopefully continue to learn daily. I love the events as you meet folks and there is so much to learn with everyone's different levels of experience. Hence my suggestion he be invited to come to the event.

I hope John continues caching as he could be a great asset to our sport. It is always nice to have the media interested. He has done a great job with information about other sports and expect that will be the same for caching.

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    Geez you guys...lighten up!! We were with John at the SeaDog last night when the segment aired. Although his sister has been geocaching, he is new to it but finds it very interesting. We forget how we bumbled around when we first started geocaching...and some of us are still bumbling around...including me. I thought it was a very lighthearted depiction of a newbie and how they might feel, even the lack of CITOing. We had a little discussion of what to look for when finding caches and also the many activities you can combine with geocaching. He plans to continue geocaching and maybe we can get him to a local event...Brad's possiblity. Happy caching!
    Ditto that, If everyone was perfect we'd all be runnin around with the name Hiram....

I enjoyed the clip because it showed geocaching the way it should be, unpredictable and adventerous. he took the DNF pretty good too...(but i wonder if he left the keychain on the branch?) he should do a sequal once he gets hooked on the paperless caching.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I finally just got a chance to watch it. I liked it - he has a great sense of humor and put a fun spin on it. Of course, there are always things that could be said or done differently, but isn't that true of anyone, anything?

Just think how awesome it will be when we can communicate as "Geocaching Maine." Perhaps follow-up with a phone call - tell him a number of members saw the segment and enjoyed it, offer to join him on a hunt, etc. This is a perfect segway!
    ~ Beach Comber ~