vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The times they are a changing.

Default The times they are a changing.

Has anyone notice the little changes that are going on?The flowers of late summer are in blossom,Joe-Pie-Weed,Milkweed,even the Goldenrod is starting to bloom.Today while walking on the Messolonskee stream I saw some Meganseers swimming in the sream.Couldn't tell the ducklings from the parents.In Emdem there was some white maple leaves changing color.

I think this means summer is going to be replace by fall shortly.Not that there is anything wrong with that.Its just that summer hasn't hardly been here,with all the rain we have had.Just my observations from Maine number one town.

The line it is drawn
    The curse it is cast
    The slow one now
    Will later be fast
    As the present now
    Will later be past
    The order is
    Rapidly fadin'.
    And the first one now
    Will later be last...

yeah, I started noticing things like that today too... it won't be long now, but we've still got at least 2 months left to go
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I have flowers thats not suppose to turn purple until early autumn, and they are purple already. I also noticed a few small trees dropping their leaves. I hope this doesnt mean we'll have an early & long winter!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starzz
    I have flowers thats not suppose to turn purple until early autumn, and they are purple already. I also noticed a few small trees dropping their leaves. I hope this doesnt mean we'll have an early & long winter!!
    WOO HOO! MAYBE WE"LL GET SNOW THIS YEAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I sure hope so.
    Blazing Troll

Because you snowshoe or snowmobile?

Starzz : I have flowers thats not suppose to turn purple until early autumn, and they are purple already.

I've also already seen apple trees dropping fruit, in the first week of August! Weird.

As for winter - Well, I'd like to actually get some snow for a change, but I worry more about a string of mild winters - A lot of the nastier insects we consider ourselves immune to this far North will start appearing, such as termites, anopheles mosquitos (the ones that carry malaria), deer ticks, perhaps even chiggers.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker
    Because you snowshoe or snowmobile?
    Yes because I snowshoe, and yes when someone is foolish enough to let me use thier sled! (Snowshoing... the poormans snowmobile )

Yes because I snowshoe, and yes when someone is foolish enough to let me use thier sled! (Snowshoing... the poormans snowmobile )
    Great ,if we ever do have a winter again,you'll have come up.We have a five mile trail on Russel mt.and we snowshoe Barren Mt. on the AT.Borestone is another quick winter hike and if you like to really punish yourself there is always Bigelow Mt.We have a group of seven or eight of us who smowshoe most every weekend.

In someways I can't wait,but lets not hurry the seasons,they all have so much to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker
    Great ,if we ever do have a winter again,you'll have come up.We have a five mile trail on Russel mt.and we snowshoe Barren Mt. on the AT.Borestone is another quick winter hike and if you like to really punish yourself there is always Bigelow Mt.We have a group of seven or eight of us who smowshoe most every weekend.

In someways I can't wait,but lets not hurry the seasons,they all have so much to offer.
    sounds like fun! I punished myself pretty good last winter, I had to snowshoe up Bald Mt. in Rangeley about 5 times. (and yes there was snow there, about 2' at the shallowest and about 6' at the deepest)