vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The times they are a changing.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    That sounds interesteing. Snowshoeing and winter camping.
    You were talking about the hundred mile wilderness the other day.Blaine (he bicycled across the country with me)and myself have been talking about snow shoeing it.Figure it would take us 10-14 days to complete the trip.Hard to carry all the food you would need to replace the calories you would be burning in the cold.

Thought about food caches that we would put out in the fall or some kind of support system.Maybe some one meeting us with a snowsled at a desinated place.To much to do,to little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker
    That excuse isn't going to work!!
    geeze vic, you need to pay attention more... did you notice the "YET" part of the comment??? and my moms busy that week...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker
    You were talking about the hundred mile wilderness the other day.Blaine (he bicycled across the country with me)and myself have been talking about snow shoeing it.Figure it would take us 10-14 days to complete the trip.Hard to carry all the food you would need to replace the calories you would be burning in the cold.

Thought about food caches that we would put out in the fall or some kind of support system.Maybe some one meeting us with a snowsled at a desinated place.To much to do,to little time!!
    FRY BREAD!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

vicbiker, your description of the subtle season changes is just plain depressing! I have been vividly reminded of what I am missing. I chose Maine in July this year and am missing all of the early fall colors. No matter when I make my annual visit, I always miss something. I'll have to enjoy it through someone else's words and photos this year. Take lots of pictures on the showshoe event!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehawma
    vicbiker, your description of the subtle season changes is just plain depressing! I have been vividly reminded of what I am missing. I chose Maine in July this year and am missing all of the early fall colors. No matter when I make my annual visit, I always miss something. I'll have to enjoy it through someone else's words and photos this year. Take lots of pictures on the showshoe event!
    I've had days in northern Florida doing the fleemarket circuit when it was cold enough to snowshoe.We were in Atlanta in the early nineties when they got that 16" snowstorm.We left there and headed to Mt.Dora,Florida,there was snow right to the border.,So you never know this could be your year!!!

I'll send you pictures along with a copy of the oil bill..