Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 72

Thread: Off Road Caching Thread

  1. #11

    Default 4X4 Caching

    Try this log for a off road adventure.

    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.a...d-f1a257eebe0b
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Niskayuna, NY
    Posts
    601

    Post Here is another "interesting" one

    came across this cache while browsing the NY forums.


    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-2ca37aeaa832


    Some of you Maine 4 X 4 owners might like it

    Gotta go to PA to find it though.




    A house is not a home without a cat.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    ARG! and i'm in warren PA today too!!! someone quick! start driving down here so by the time you get here I'll be ready to be pulled out!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabby
    came across this cache while browsing the NY forums.


    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-2ca37aeaa832


    Some of you Maine 4 X 4 owners might like it

    Gotta go to PA to find it though.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    OK, so I know this is short notice... but the 26/27th I had reserved Omaha Beach (up in millinocket) for a geocaching, 4wd, camping, adventure... but things have come up... and we have room for about 3 more vehicles (4x4 is a must) if anyone is interested let me know...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    OK, so I know this is short notice... but the 26/27th I had reserved Omaha Beach (up in millinocket) for a geocaching, 4wd, camping, adventure... but things have come up... and we have room for about 3 more vehicles (4x4 is a must) if anyone is interested let me know...
    I am in and I hope my name is on the list as we discussed earlier.
    Blazing Troll

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I am in and I hope my name is on the list as we discussed earlier.
    Don't worry, You're still on the list
    Jake is half on and half off... he needs to get his priorities straight...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    Don't worry, You're still on the list
    Jake is half on and half off... he needs to get his priorities straight...
    Cool. The only question is whether Donna is coming with me or not. I may bring the kayaks and just camp and kayak if Donna comes because she is not into the 4 wheeling part of it. We'll see. But I am coming, I just need to have Donna make up her mind if she is coming too.
    Blazing Troll

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Cool. The only question is whether Donna is coming with me or not. I may bring the kayaks and just camp and kayak if Donna comes because she is not into the 4 wheeling part of it. We'll see. But I am coming, I just need to have Donna make up her mind if she is coming too.
    that would be fine with me (because there's not going to be too many nice weekends left...) and i dont think theres a whole lot of wheelin caches (except the one thats at the beach) jake knows of a few, if it turns out to be that maybe well bring a canoe or somethin with us...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    Don't worry, You're still on the list
    Jake is half on and half off... he needs to get his priorities straight...
    I think we have to write off Jake as he is now 99.9% off . . . he had his priorities straightened when his wife mentioned something about spending a day or so working on the house since the master bedroom, downstairs bathroom and a quarter of the living room is gutted and the cedar shingles on the front of the house are all stripped off now with only a layer of tarpaper stapled on to it (on the flip side, my house now looks like many of the other homes in Waldo County ). Besides, I can't really complain since I went on a mega-three day camping/caching trip two weekends ago and my wife never complained.

    Keep me in mind for the future.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    that would be fine with me (because there's not going to be too many nice weekends left...) and i dont think theres a whole lot of wheelin caches (except the one thats at the beach) jake knows of a few, if it turns out to be that maybe well bring a canoe or somethin with us...
    Do a search around Millinocket . . . there's a number of caches (some virtuals) off the Golden Road and in the general area. I think a few of them would be off-road-able.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •