Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Road Caching Thread

*post edited* I messed it up
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Hear YE Hear YE, This will also be a good oppourtunity for those of you that kayak and canoe (since we'll be on a beach and all) and I'll supply the smore's too!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Tink and me are going and brining our kayaks along. Hopefuly more will come if not we then we will have fun anyways.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    Hear YE Hear YE, This will also be a good oppourtunity for those of you that kayak and canoe (since we'll be on a beach and all) and I'll supply the smore's too!
    Well since you're making the S'mores . . . I may have to reconsider.

Actually, I have some incredibly great news . . . in fact I'm practically leaping out of my seat as I write this.

I'M GOING!!!!!!!!!!!

It may only be for the day or I may stay overnight and then skedaddle home bright and early, but I'm in. Shoot me a PM about where I should meet you guys and when . . . I'm always partial to breakfast at Governor's . . . but I am ready to go and I am so stoked.

So how did this occur you might be asking yourself . . . and my answer is -- I have the best wife in the world (I know, I know . . . Dave says that Gail is the best, but I can only say that Gail must be the best wife in the world for him since clearly my wife is the best in the world ). She called me today at work to let me know that she was working Wed-Friday, but her supervisor called her up asking her if she would work Thursday-Saturday and be paid extra for having her schedule messed up (on top of the extra pay for working a weekend.) This in itself is great news . . . but Heidi's first thought was to call me to let me know that if I wanted to make any plans for the day I would be free to do so which means I can do this event . . . see, I told you she is the best wife in the world.

Now I have to admit I did check the American Folk Festival to see if there were any must-see performers, but nothing really stood out to me this year (unlike a year or so ago when Karan Casey performed -- one of THE BEST Celtic singers/bands) so I thought I would make it up for at least the day.

And it just gets better and better since Heidi mentioned about taking time on Sunday to go on a boat ride (I won two boat rides at an on-line auction) as a way of taking a break from working on the house. Is this woman great or what? Man, I have to be the luckiest guy?

OK, enough ranting . . . so what are the details of this trip Hiram? I've got some caches in mind that need doing and some off-roading impulses to work out of my system . . . as long as they don't entail anything like what happened to you on Harris Mountain.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Awesome Jake. Glad you can make it now. I don't know if I will be 4 wheeling with you and Arron, but I am bringing our kayaks with the wife and we will be kayaking from the camping area.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Awesome Jake. Glad you can make it now. I don't know if I will be 4 wheeling with you and Arron, but I am bringing our kayaks with the wife and we will be kayaking from the camping area.
    Have you ever camped at Omaha? It's probably one of the best places I have ever camped at . . . well actually I camped at Little Omaha Beach. It is an incredible place . . . woke up one morning to watch a moose and her calf eating calmly eating breakfast across the river from us. Nice flat water . . . well mostly unless you go upstream (or is it downstream) and then it can get interesting.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Have you ever camped at Omaha? It's probably one of the best places I have ever camped at . . . well actually I camped at Little Omaha Beach. It is an incredible place . . . woke up one morning to watch a moose and her calf eating calmly eating breakfast across the river from us. Nice flat water . . . well mostly unless you go upstream (or is it downstream) and then it can get interesting.
    No I have never been there but Arron sent me the cache coordinates and if that is the place it look pretty nice. We are looking forward to it.
    Blazing Troll

Is there a put in other than the beach? It looks like there are some rapids between there and River Pond and falls between there and Sencer Cove.

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    Is there a put in other than the beach? It looks like there are some rapids between there and River Pond and falls between there and Sencer Cove.
    I'm not sure since I'm not really much of a kayaker and I've only rafted the upper portion of the Penobscot. Dave/Gail know this area pretty well as does Maniac1957 and Dave1976 I believe.

I may have a problem. I don't know if I am going to have to work Saturday or not. My machine I work on broke down Tuesday for about three hours and we have been trying to play catch up all week. I know someone is going to work Saturday, but I do not know which shift they are going to make work. I think they are going to make first shift work. I should be alright, but if they make second shift work then I will not be able to make it. I will know at 3 pm when I go in today. Hiram I have your home phone number. I will call you the minute I find out if you want me too?
    Blazing Troll