vb:literal>

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Off Road Caching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    That's funny . . . I was there with Becket and Hollora listening to Beolach for awhile and I never saw you. Of course there were a few hundred people there listening to them.
    We were there for that whole performance, too! I was the big guy on the left. I think we're heading back today when it starts, maybe we'll run into each other then.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Give me a call

I'll be there today with a few other again. Give us a ring if you'd like to hook up.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I'll be there today with a few other again. Give us a ring if you'd like to hook up.
    I don't think Lee has your number anymore. PM it or you'll have to call us. Everyone should have worked out a place to meet every 3 hours if they wanted to. I actually assumed all cachers would be at the beer tent, anyway, but it's not PC to profile anyone.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    I actually assumed all cachers would be at the beer tent, anyway, but it's not PC to profile anyone.
    Sheesh! They had a beer tent? LOL!

RULOST2? and I were at BIA watching the excitement there. We actually saw the diverted plane land, and knew that something was up when we saw Air Force types outside watching the plane with binoculars. Then the jet fighter flew over the airliner and we knew something was up.

Then we heard about it on CNN on the Sirius radio. We could also see the TV van across the runway, but the camers were obviously pointed in the wrong direction to catch us on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?

RULOST2? and I were at BIA watching the excitement there.
    I heard a report that they removed people from the fence that were taking pictures. Was that you?

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    I heard a report that they removed people from the fence that were taking pictures. Was that you?
    No - no pictures - we just watched. That was probably after we left - which was shortly after CNN made their first announcement. By then, most of the passengers had been taken off, and the bomb squad was already on the scene - not much to see then.

Sooooo anyways... back to the Off Road caching thread...

for those of you that didn't go, ya missed out we had everything from loons to moose at an extremely secluded little campsite next to a gentle set of rapids on the upper penobscot. We hid the cache near the spot where we camped that should be posted within the next week. (4x4 and good clearance is required) Well post pics soon.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Yes those that did not go missed one heck of a time. As Hiram said we had moose new the campsite, loons, good company, games, and even hid our first caches as a group (ORCA). Look for a new event coming hopefully on on 7,8,9 October. Yes this will be a three day overnight event if we can work everything out. We will hopefully post something by the end of the week.
    Blazing Troll

Glad you guys (and girls?) had a good time. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Glad you guys (and girls?) had a good time. Can't wait to see the pictures!
    Oh No, pictures. I hope Hiram got some pictures or Jake because I the ones I got were only for our group hide for hints. I know Jake will pull through for us.
    Blazing Troll