vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sign up for the 2nd Annual Northern Maine Overnight Event

Default Hot Spots for wireless

Nordic Heritage is a hot spot around the lodge and wax building. No password needed if you are interested.
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

Default Lots of Grab-N-Go cache location up here

It all depends on how you define a grab-n-go, the day before yesterday I spend two hours looking for a grab-n-go. Finally found it but not quickly. There are many Grab-N-Go Caches but you never know until you find them. I spent an hour in Sullivan because I had never seen a Nano container but finally realize what it way by counting. First bolt cache was a grab-n-go but having never seen them before it took a bit. You will find a number of nano containers up here now. One I can think of you can do from your car if you can find it. There are also several 5 gallon buckets. Looking forward to seeing you guys come up for a visit. Try looking at route 11 for a trip up and route 1 for the return.
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

Default FTF in the area

If you look within 75 miles of PI you will find a number of FTF still waiting for someone. Guess what it is not due to a lack of effort on our part, some are just hard. I found one yesterday on my third try and from the evidence and logs lots of other people had tried without luck. Just removed one the other day due to construction but there were lots of DNF with a few found.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    and they've got taco bell!!!!!!

and Jordan, I was very dissapointed about how few grab and goes are up that way, there's too many friggen multis and puzzle caches up there! I can't spend all day at work tryin to solve puzzles and tromp around town, when do you expect me to sleep and eat lunch(all 3 of em)??
    I don't know . . . I found plenty of micros, multis, puzzles and, yes, lots of grab and go caches as well.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods Explorer
    . . . Try looking at route 11 for a trip up and route 1 for the return.
    That's exactly what I did on my recent three day marathon caching/camping trip . . . I-95 to Rt. 11 north and then Rt. 1 south followed by a short jaunt down Rt. 2 to nab a few on the way down.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    That's exactly what I did on my recent three day marathon caching/camping trip . . . I-95 to Rt. 11 north and then Rt. 1 south followed by a short jaunt down Rt. 2 to nab a few on the way down.
    I see you logged in some caches today. You still up here?
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Jordan, any news on the campground possibly being available Friday evening as well as Saturday? Just trying to plan ahead. Thanks!

I know.. I am actually waiting to hear back from her... she was suppose to call me back when I last talked to her on Wed... I will try again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    I see you logged in some caches today. You still up here?
    Nope . . . just up for three days of wild debauchery . . . well caching, camping and eating lots of junk food. I see that I missed seeing you guys at a few caches.

Incidentally, I'm still logging them here . . . I had a very good time geocaching there. Like most folks I had a few DNFs (keeps a guy humble) and I can honestly say there were a ton of caches that I throughly enjoyed (especially the ones where I learn something -- and especially the ones with a history lesson.)

Keep up the great work County geocachers!

Thanks Jake!

If you want some help with your DNF's let me know... I should be around here somewhere, PM me if you want my cell#.

Take my advice --- stay in the county-- there is nothing for you in the grand falls area!!