vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carmel Rest Stop Cache-Hampden Southbound

Default Carmel Rest Stop Cache-Hampden Southbound

After many emails and no responses from the owner and later conversations with GPSFUN, the Carmel Rest Stop cache has been archived. This is a result of many logs concerning workers stopping cachers from finding the cache. The cache had been placed in a sensitive area (near their well) and the area had been blocked off.

I met with the MDOT supervisor today, and he chose to remove the archived cache from it's location. We discussed at length about the people who had attempted to access and why they were stopped. The MDOT workers do not want people walking across the leachfield or in the area of the wells.

I also spoke to him about the possibility of placing another cache here in the future. They have given me permission to place a new cache and we walked the property together and chose the new location. The new location is somewhat in the open but was picked so that the workers can identify "geocachers" from others looking to do harm. I will be working on getting that cache up and going in the next week or so.

All in all, it was a very good meeting and I look forward to maintaining a positive relationship with them.

Thanks, Cameoooooo. Good work!

(But isn't there a cache in the northbound lane near there - I can't seem to find the cache right now - that you nearly had to cross the leach field to get to? Anything on that one?)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?

(But isn't there a cache in the northbound lane near there - I can't seem to find the cache right now - that you nearly had to cross the leach field to get to? Anything on that one?)
    Yes. There is a cache near at the Hampden Northbound rest area as well. The rest areas are not directly across from one another, they are staggered and there is some distance between the two. I have written to the owner of that cache with some of the finer details that were discussed in the meeting. I don't believe there is an issue with that one, but I wanted to share with the owner what was discussed. Thanks for thinking of that!

Isn't that the sound of music cache? I just signed that one.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    Isn't that the sound of music cache? I just signed that one.
    Yup - that's the one.

One of FirefighterJake's caches.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?

It has a good clue -- took me a minute to find, but it's there! I liked it a lot.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    It has a good clue -- took me a minute to find, but it's there! I liked it a lot.
    The one in question is on the Southbound side, it was called the Carmel Rest Stop Cache. That is the one with the issue and the one that has been archived.

Anybody confused yet?

Cameoooooo good work. Thank you!

Good job on the PR Glad they agreed to still have on there in the future.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Now if the MDOT could resolve the issue of the OTHER rest area cache in the Ellsworth area.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.