vb:literal>

Thread: I've done it now.

Default I've done it now.

Taking the advice of Glen(CachenJacksons) and others,so not to blame this all on Glen,I purchased a Palm III from Ebay.I t just arrived in the mail,looks to be in great shape and has all the oringinal manuals with it.The first thing I ever purchase from Ebay,actually Cheryl did all the hard stuff.I just pointed to the one I wanted,after she found it on line, used her credit card,and went to the post office to pick it up.Wow am I ever lucky to have her!!

All I have to do now is read Haffy's article or GeoMaine's and apply that to the unit asuming it even works.I've already down loaded GSAK.That looks like greek to me.

Now what you really need is the Palm software called Cachemate. It can be found here: http://www.smittyware.com/ only 8 bux and worth every penny. Use that credit card one more time now........
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Woohoo!! Congrats on your first step towards no paper! Yes, CacheMate is definately the way to go, and you can test it on a limited number of caches before you lay out the $8. Well worth it, as Haffy says. BTW, spend a little time with the Palm manuals and learn Graffiti which will make jotting down quick notes easy.

Decided to take Haffy advice and buy Cachemate,put my secatary right on it.She was doing real good until she asked me for a Hot sync name"do you know what that is"she asked me."Not a clue" was my response,so look in the manual find out I probably need to be connected to the computer.Not a problem if you have a serial port,or I should say a nine point male serial port.I don't,so I assume I need a adapter. My old computer has both a male and a female port,but this one has only a large female serial port.This computer is a H.P. with the XP Media Center Edition 2005.Am I going to be able to connect O.K.??With out burning anything up!!

Your hot sync name is whatever you want to call yourself. Vicbiker? It is just the normal serial port connector that you will need from the Palm to your computer. I assume you got one with the Palm along with the charger for it?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Personally, I try to stay away from the large female ports....

The large female port you are referring to is probably a parallel printer port. What model HP is it? I can look online at the specs and see, there's a chance there's a serial connector on the motherboard and it just needs the port and a wire. If so I probably have one I can give you. If not, you can get a USB-to-Serial adapter cable, like this one on Cyberguys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    Personally, I try to stay away from the large female ports....

The large female port you are referring to is probably a parallel printer port. What model HP is it? I can look online at the specs and see, there's a chance there's a serial connector on the motherboard and it just needs the port and a wire. If so I probably have one I can give you. If not, you can get a USB-to-Serial adapter cable, like this one on Cyberguys.
    Thanks Glen I 'll see if I can get an adapter cable,maybe radio shack will have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    Your hot sync name is whatever you want to call yourself. Vicbiker? It is just the normal serial port connector that you will need from the Palm to your computer. I assume you got one with the Palm along with the charger for it?
    I thought it was something technical.Thanks.