vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Maine geocaching web site

LOL... that is pointless!

Oh and want to see something even funnier?

Check out the members!

http://www.mainegeocachers.net/forum/memberlist.php lol!!
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

The Shadow Guest

I am not the admin of that web site. So I can not speak for them. I personally do not know the admin as I stated in the welcome forum on the Maine geocachers web site. I have dedicated myself to helping them as much as I can. From chatting with the admin they have told me that this site is a no nonsense site. There will be no profanity and insults tolerated as has been done on the other two Maine web sites in the past. They were pretty straight forward about that when making that statement to me. I think that was their intent when they started the web site from what I have understood in chatting with them. I can honestly say that I agree with that. I will probably get flamed here for posting this but I am not going to get involved in any back and forth arguing about it. I am just answering what I think I know or understand from chatting with them.

They also told me they will not establish an organization because geocaching is a free hobby/sport and they truly feel there is no need for an organization here in Maine. I will not go into that you; will have to take that up with them. This is just what I was told and I do honestly agree.

The Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    heres what i gather from all of this.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?g...c-f0f99f9f5bdd

Are these the types of shadows we want in the back ground trying to run another maine website.
    Sorry this is not me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    There will be no profanity and insults tolerated as has been done on the other two Maine web sites in the past.
    Sorry to correct you, but profanity and insults have NEVER been TOLERATED on this web site.

Perhaps your definition of "tolerated" may differ, but because something happenes does not mean it's "tolerated".

And you keep using the words "they" and "them". Isn't "admin" just one person (him/her), as stated in your welcome on the site? And it seems strange that you would make such an effort on a site without knowing who was behind it. Very unusual.

I also find this kinda odd and unusual. Mr. Shadow, if I may ask.......why have you chosen our site to make your anouncement and nothing has been mentioned over on the MGA forums? It sounds as if you've had problems with both these other sites but have only chosen one to make your statement. Care to enlighten us?
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Wow, using a third party service to protect the identity of the domain registrar (see here: http://www.domainsbyproxy.com/LegalAgreement.aspx). I guess it REALLY IS run by the "Shadow"! One wonders why this level of secrecy is necessary for a simple geocaching website?

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    Wow, using a third party service to protect the identity of the domain registrar (see here: http://www.domainsbyproxy.com/LegalAgreement.aspx). I guess it REALLY IS run by the "Shadow"! One wonders why this level of secrecy is necessary for a simple geocaching website?
    I saw that as well. I had to resort to comparing IP addresses in order to widdle my list down to a couple of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    I saw that as well. I had to resort to comparing IP addresses in order to widdle my list down to a couple of possibilities.
    And???

I'll state this again, I am not aware that anyone from the MGA is involved with this. Why here and not there I do not know.

My advice would be to just ignore it and let it be. No responses to the post will send a big big message.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    Sorry this is not me.
    OK sooooo, tell us a bit about you and your numbers and your experiance, its hard for any of us to by into such nonsense when there is notheing to back it up. And it sounds wierd that you would come here to advertise when all of us had to chance to leave this web site before and chose to stay.

Good luck with your crusade.