vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Maine geocaching web site

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    And???
    Nothing....absolutely nothing. I wish them well, whoever they are!

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Nothing....absolutely nothing.
    Good! I checked it out too and didn't find anything. Thought maybe I'd missed something! LOL!

The Shadow has asked to be deleted from our web site. So I have deleted them as they requested. They gave some long draw out explanation and I just honored there request. Maybe this will be the last we hear from them.

With that said. I do not know what there true intentions were, but we were awful quick to jump down there throats weren't we? I think we should have shown a good welcome and supported them. Whether they would have succeeded or failed we sure do not need to show that we did not support them or that is how I thought it looked from what I read.

This is what I am talking about when I wanted a board. We need to discuss what we think should and should not be allowed on this web site. This was a good example. Are we going to jump down someones case for trying to run a web site or for minor things all the time. I know we are very protective of our web site here. I am also, but we have to be careful at how we present ourselves to everyone else.

I will step off my podium now.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    And???
    They had some of the same IP's as many others here on the web site. I am not going to list them all because then we would all be questioning each other.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    With that said. I do not know what there true intentions were, but we were awful quick to jump down there throats weren't we? I think we should have shown a good welcome and supported them. Whether they would have succeeded or failed we sure do not need to show that we did not support them or that is how I thought it looked from what I read.
    I don't think anyone was "jumping down someone's throat". I see that a lot of questions were asked, which one would expect when a THIRD Maine geocaching website is established, and again, no answers were forthcoming.

Rick -- the only reason we questioned him so hard was because... he was a brand new member, it was his first post, he didn't even tell us who he was.. just "there is a new maine website." So basically, telling us, goodbye this one, hello new one.

He could have introduced himself, told us who started the website and why, having seen this and all... just more important things, besides only saying a few words, here is a new maine website.

Just my $.02
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Unhappy Way to go

Rick is right; it was pretty embarrassing to see some of the responses to the potential of a different site. If I were a new member and received that kind of reception I would certainly ask to be removed from the site. A new member should not have to prove anything. Just because someone is new does not mean that they can not contribute valuable information to a site, or provide a different view. I looked over the site and it had some interesting articles that I have never seen on here or the other site. The more sites there are on a subject the more chance there is that you will come across something useful. Each site contributes something different, because different people will fit in better at different sites, and if you visit each of the sites you have the benefit of knowledge from people you might not otherwise get to talk to. Now because of the rude response from this site we may be missing out on that.

We (this site and the other) are not all of the Geocachers that there are in Maine, but let us at least represent our respective sites and the population of this state site in a positive manner instead of jumping on someone new making them prove themselves. It is our job to prove to them that this is a good place to come we are worthy of any knowledge they wish to share. A forum is nothing without members.

I for one would have liked to see a new site up and running. I do not agree with policies and the administration of the MGA, and I have not been very impressed with the tone and attitudes around this site for the past couple of months. So it would have been nice to check out a fresh site for Maine Geocaching, so thanks for showing the new person a very warm GC Maine welcome.

I think this is one of those threads that should just be deleted. Personally, I still think it was a setup. If not, then I'd suggest they continue on with their work and let the visitors decide.

I would suggest anyone starting any kind of a group or web site of any topic in the future be prepared to answer questions, perhaps some they may not want to answer. Anyone is free to ask me any questions concerning my web sites. I'd hope that for now the moderators, and in the future any board members of this site would be willing to answer any questions concerning GeocachingMaine's intentions. It's the proper way to deal with new clients and the public in general no matter what the group, organization, or buisness is.

If a guy is selling something and he's not willing to say if the product is authentic or admit it's origin or any other questions, doesn't it raise suspision in most people?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

the whole thing does seem more than a little suspect...went to that site today just to see what the deal was and this is what I found...

"It seems that this site was set to fail from the start because of a certain group of individuals that think they are better then everyone else.
    Seems to be the same story but a different web site..
    I don't know if we will be back or not, stay tuned..."

I'm not even sure what that means and it seems pretty disingenuous. Too bad the only point seemed to be to upset people. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich
    the whole thing does seem more than a little suspect...went to that site today just to see what the deal was and this is what I found...

"It seems that this site was set to fail from the start because of a certain group of individuals that think they are better then everyone else.
    Seems to be the same story but a different web site..
    I don't know if we will be back or not, stay tuned..."

I'm not even sure what that means and it seems pretty disingenuous. Too bad the only point seemed to be to upset people. Good riddance.
    Who are they talking about? Some of the members of this group started asking questions, and none got answers.

Seems like they've got an attitude problem - and have had one from the start, as evidenced by their decision to be so secretive.