vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Maine geocaching web site

How did we affect their website? Did anyone here post adverse comments to their site or were they relying solely on people from geocachingmaine.org to visit their site?
    Seems that if there was a negative response from here, that shouldn't compromise a well set up site somewhere else. If comments from one thread here made another site shut down, it didn't have the framework to stand on it's own from the beginning. (IMHO)

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    Seems that if there was a negative response from here, that shouldn't compromise a well set up site somewhere else. If comments from one thread here made another site shut down, it didn't have the framework to stand on it's own from the beginning. (IMHO)
    Sudonim gets thunderous applause and a standing ovation!

I think the only reason that they posted the original thread in here was just to see if they could stir things up and maybe get a few people interested in visiting their site. I think it worked but hopefully it was just for that short span and I know where my roots are.
    Last edited by Haffy; 08-14-2006 at 08:45 PM.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I know I have been too busy to be here much this summer, just trying to see whats going on todey,( Big sigh ).
    I think some people are not happy unless they can make others as miserable as they are.
    The people here are the best in Maine, keep up the good work. Lem

I don't think a legitimate invitation to another Geocaching-related website is any problem at all. However, red flags go up when the invitation is done "mysteriously", by an unknown entity who claims to have nothing to do with the site, but is listed as a forum "admin" on the site.

I dare say that someone who openly introduces themselves and invites us to check out another site would enjoy a much more positive reception. Just my .02.

Y'all fuss over other web sites all ya want but I am taking my new kayak aned going caching with it while I am here in Mass...... LOL
    Have fun guys, I'll be thinking of you.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry
    Y'all fuss over other web sites all ya want but I am taking my new kayak aned going caching with it while I am here in Mass...... LOL
    Have fun guys, I'll be thinking of you.
    Awful hard to argue with that Kind of logic.Lets all go caching and forget the rest.

I would find it hard to believe that someone would go through the time, effort and expense to put up another geocaching site for Maine and then promptly shut it down.

I would dare suggest that the right person was probably 'caught' VIA this site? You may not have gotten the absolute confirmation that you were seeking but I would hazzard a guess that the talk of IP addresses might have been enough to spook them?

The MGA site isn't able to track IP addresses anymore so they would have been a lot safer to post their log on our site. Why they didn't is beyond us?

We would have been interested in hearing their opinion if they posted it on the MGA; just because we wouldn't neccessarily 'like' it wouldn't have meant that we wouldn't have valued it...

My two cents, which is only worth about half that. : )

LaughingTerry : Y'all fuss over other web sites all ya want but I am taking my new kayak aned going caching

And the winner of the thread (drumroll, please)... LaughingTerry!

Good to see that someone else "gets" it - I've met a few of you now, and you all seem really nice in person, but seriously, lose the politics! Some folks seem to take this waaaaaay too seriously.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - If the social aspect of caching starts annoying you more than you enjoy the "caching" aspect, give the former up for a while.
    Ego non quaero te in nomine Patris, sed in nomine Signali.

Quote Originally Posted by ribnag
    LaughingTerry : [I]

Good to see that someone else "gets" it - I've met a few of you now, and you all seem really nice in person, but seriously, lose the politics! Some folks seem to take this waaaaaay too seriously.
    MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!