vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emails and AOL

Hybrid View

Exclamation Emails and AOL

Recently I have had a problem receiving emails from Geocaching.com. My internet provider, ( at least for right now ) is AOL. I thought the issue was GC.com based and it's not. It's an AOL issue. After creating a new email account with Yahoo, last night. I ran my PQ's and received them within a minute or two. Not the days, it was taking thru AOL. If you too have been having issues with emails lately, I hope this helps. YAHOO!! This is NOT a plug for any internet service provider, but a public service announcement.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I left AOL over a year ago and have not looked back. I liked their interface, but the positives stoped right after that on my list.

Glad you got it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    Recently I have had a problem receiving emails from Geocaching.com. My internet provider, ( at least for right now ) is AOL. .
    I've had an AOL account (since back when it was Q-Link) for 20 years. I never use the account, but it is GREAT when you're out in the middle of nowhere, with no wireless/wired network internet access. You can always plug the laptop into the phone jack and call that 1-800 AOL number! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    Recently I have had a problem receiving emails from Geocaching.com. My internet provider, ( at least for right now ) is AOL. I thought the issue was GC.com based and it's not. It's an AOL issue. After creating a new email account with Yahoo, last night. I ran my PQ's and received them within a minute or two. Not the days, it was taking thru AOL. If you too have been having issues with emails lately, I hope this helps. YAHOO!! This is NOT a plug for any internet service provider, but a public service announcement.
    i use YAHOO and just want to point out that a few weeks ago, it was awful. emails from gc.com were taking days to get to me. i deleted some of my queries and it still took days - and some days i got nothing. however, this past week, it has been working great!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Tink could tell you some horror stories about AOL. When we first started dating years ago she signed up for AOL for the free trial period and then canceled after the free trail ended. After she canceled they continued to charge her for months. It took her a long time to clear it up.

I thought I saw something on the news the other day where AOL is not longer offering dial up anymore.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I thought I saw something on the news the other day where AOL is not longer offering dial up anymore.
    No - I think the idea is that they'll still offer dial-up - at a price - but their website is open to anyone who connects with their own broadband ISP.

I just wish I'd bought stock in AOL when I first joined. I was reviewing their history today and was AMAZED at how many times their stock has split.

Sheesh!

It wasn't just AOL that they were having problems with it was ALL of the providers. That was the excuse the Jeremy gave to everyone that wasn't receiving their PQ's and emails. I have had Yahoo for years and never had a problem til a few weeks ago and wasn't receiving any of my queries like I always did. I think they have most of the problems solved as of now but for a few weeks they certainly had some problems and it wasn't just AOL, even though that's what they were telling everyone.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    No - I think the idea is that they'll still offer dial-up - at a price - but their website is open to anyone who connects with their own broadband ISP.

I just wish I'd bought stock in AOL when I first joined. I was reviewing their history today and was AMAZED at how many times their stock has split.

Sheesh!
    I know for a fact the news channel I was watching said that AOL will no longer offer dial-up and that we will not longer see the AOL CD's in the mail and at Walmart stores. The reason they gave was because AOL fell to far behind the bandwagon and all the otehr companies were to far ahead of them. I don't remember when they said it would all take place though.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I know for a fact the news channel I was watching said that AOL will no longer offer dial-up
    Well, here's what they say on their web site:

"AOL will continue to provide several reliable and affordable options for connecting to the Internet, on both dial-up and high-speed (cable or DSL) plans."

You must have been watching an old Dan Rather newscast! LOL!

Cancel an AOL account? I suppose it's possible, but AOL doesn't make it easy...

Like this one woman, who is being charged for her late father's account even though he's been dead for 9 months. Other than hanging up on her, the most "helpful" advice given to the 55-year-old woman by an AOL rep was to "stop complaining and learn how to use a computer" (then he hung up on her, too):

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/bus...A?OpenDocument

Or, this now somewhat famous recording of a guy who actually managed to cancel his account (after waiting 15 minutes on hold), but had to demonstrate the patience of a saint to keep from swearing at the rep (I think I would have failed that test, to be honest):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpDSBAh6RY