vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emails and AOL

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Actually, I heard that report too. Perhaps the options are not ones they provide, but through other providers. Probably while taking in a cut along the way...
    Thanks Dave. I am glad someone else heard the same thing. Now I have a little backup.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Thanks Dave. I am glad someone else heard the same thing. Now I have a little backup.
    LOL! Just goes to show that you should NEVER believe what you hear on the news unless you can verify it from an independent source!

Cancel an AOL account? I suppose it's possible, but AOL doesn't make it easy...

Like this one woman, who is being charged for her late father's account even though he's been dead for 9 months. Other than hanging up on her, the most "helpful" advice given to the 55-year-old woman by an AOL rep was to "stop complaining and learn how to use a computer" (then he hung up on her, too):

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/bus...A?OpenDocument

Or, this now somewhat famous recording of a guy who actually managed to cancel his account (after waiting 15 minutes on hold), but had to demonstrate the patience of a saint to keep from swearing at the rep (I think I would have failed that test, to be honest):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpDSBAh6RY

Default One year contract

I have a one year so called contract with AOL, for dial up. April 06 to April 07. Hope they just go out of business. But they have to honor the price for one year on dial up.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.