vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geo Rallye - MGA

Default Geo Rallye - MGA

Just for information. Not trying to start anything.

All is in place for the weekend event. There are 26 new caches that the participants will be hunting. A whole bunch of locationless items for the teams to hunt during the day (can you get a photo of the elusive Gob-ler?).

Prizes and good fellowship at the end of the day.

There will not be a meal served, just not much interest in the meal.

It is not too late to sign up and participate in what should prove to be a fun day.

If you don't participate consider joining us for the wrapup. The details are on the event page.

Sounds like a really fun event. Sorry I can't attend that one, have a blast

Just out of curiousity . . . will those 26 caches be available for other cachers after the event or is this just for the event?

Good luck . . . it sounds like this is a good start for the first year. As I stated in earlier posts, this isn't my thing, but I firmly believe that variety in geocaching (as in life) is the spice of life.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Not my thing either - Mainiac's cache bashes are about all the competition I can handle (And Lee always gets it first, anyway!), but many people love the ralleys so it'll be interesting to see the logs and hopefully a few people will have time to take pictures for those that can't attend.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

The 26 caches are regular caches that will be listed Saturday on GC.COM. John has put out 15 and I have put out 11. We have eliminated ourselves from the FTF hunt. We as individuals will be able to search for the other persons hides.

The 26 caches should be good ones. The most interesting part of the day may prove to be the 25 or so locationless things the particapants will be looking for.

And your right, it will be interesting reading the logs. It looks like we have a dozen teams participating as of right now. As I said above there is room and time to still participate should someone want to do so.

I think the details for doing that are in the event post.

The feedback from the participants will determine how it happens again if it happens again.

Now about that photo of the elusive Gob-ler - - - - does anyone really know what color his van is?

Mud brown the last time a photo was on the web!

I like the idea of the locationless more than the actual caches. Funny, since I never considered locationless real caches! I do miss some of the nicer virts, though; it was nice to get one of the classics on Monhegan.

BTW, if you google image for "gob-ler", you get nothing.
    If you google image for "gobler" or "gobbler", you get many pics.
    If you google image for "gob ler", you're not gonna like it!
    Don't do it! Ack!

You did it, didn't you?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

d’76 Guest

I did it. It wasnt very pretty.

Dave you have way to much tinme on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    I like the idea of the locationless more than the actual caches. Funny, since I never considered locationless real caches! I do miss some of the nicer virts, though; it was nice to get one of the classics on Monhegan.
    Dave - I note that you lave no "locationless" caches to your credit. Believe me, Some of those took REAL effort. Ask Haffy - as I know he did some of the more difficult ones. We went WAY out of our way to get several of the ones we logged, and I'm as proud of them as I am of any of our finds.

This one I especially liked!

(Our log is on Aug 5, 2005)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Dave - I note that you lave no "locationless" caches to your credit. Believe me, Some of those took REAL effort. Ask Haffy - as I know he did some of the more difficult ones. We went WAY out of our way to get several of the ones we logged, and I'm as proud of them as I am of any of our finds.

This one I especially liked!

(Our log is on Aug 5, 2005)
    I know they can take effort. And many are less lame than some traditional caches. I just have this image that a geocache is a defined place that has defined coordinates. Someday I may break and do one just to have it to my list, but I may need some time with a therapist first!

However, I don't hold it against you or haffy or anyone for having done any! Even if it is Blueberry land!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Not to get too sidetracked, but I never cared for locationless caches very much . . . not because they were not in a specific location, but because so often they were restrictive and would not allow more than one geocacher to log the same locationless area . . . I mean just how many working steam locomotives, suspension bridges, etc. are there in the U.S. As I said, just my opinion.

Now back to the show . . . again Gobler good luck . . . and thank you and HD for putting out those additional caches too.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."