vb:literal>

Thread: Close it up!

Unhappy Close it up!

We visited 5 caches today, and 3 were of the "Tupperware/Sterilite" type and had LOOSE COVERS! Remember to close the container tightly. Keeps rain, dew, snow, sleet, hail, floodwaters, etc. out of the cache. Thanks!

Certian types of those containers will pop open when subjected to cold weatherdue to expansion/contraction. But, that's also a good reson to remember to make sure they are closed securely like you say, and that no items inside are pushing up on the cover.

This message is approved by ammo box lovers of America

Default We have

encountered many of the flat plastic containers with covers that have become warped, brittle, or broken at the securing tab areas or may be overflowing and hard to close. Usually we either wedge them in or place a rock on them to hold the cover in place if we can. But, there is nothing like an ammo box if it will fit the hiding spot.

Default How true.

Yes, a ammo box is very good. I just replaced Picnic by the bay cache in belfast with a mid size plastic peanut jug large screw on top cover and found this to be very good. Not sure if i could eat enough peanuts to get more of them though. I had trouble with mugglers and cover pop offs from my old style flat plastic container, so rather than remove it, I am trying this cache container and moved it about 6 fits away in a different spot... All the same , this is a good reminder for all of us to keep these things in mind

Noreasta

Default Ammo boxes rule for cache containers

I found one that had been submerged in flood water, luckily it didn.t float away. Rinsed the mud coating off, opened it up everything was dry as day it was put in. I found another one on the ocean shore buried under 2 feet of rocks from the past winters storms, other than a little scratched paint on the outside everything was in perfect shape. Can't ask for much more than that from a cache container. YOP