vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please don't tell me that my Quebec Geocoin was stolen...

Unhappy Please don't tell me that my Quebec Geocoin was stolen...

On August 10th, I released a new 2006 Quebec Geocoin in a cache of Kennebunkport, Maine:
    (GCTBFR) Kennebunkport's Scenic Cache by Patrick, Nicholas and Dad
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...aspx?wp=GCTBFR

On the last log of the cache, hasbell95 confirms that my Quebec Geocoin is not in the cache anymore...

I'm getting nervous about my Quebec Geocoin. I hope the Geocoin is in the hands of a Geocacher in vacations that do not have access to Internet and will post the log later.

Not to far from there, there is another cache with a Geocoin than is not in the cache anymore:
    (GCQNM6) Laudholm Farm Cache II by CarlGurt and The Two Reprobates
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...aspx?wp=GCQNM6

The "Serenity - 573" Geocoin is not in the cache...

To follow...
    OusKonNé & Cétyla
    First "North of the Border" Geocachers to complete the New Hampshire Delorme Challenge.

I think putting anything in a cache you are just taking a chance that it doesn't get stolen. One of the hazards of the game I guess. I hope that it is indeed in the hands of a vacationer and hasn't had time to log it yet. Just a chance you take.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I note that another cacher from Quebec also logged the cache on Aug 17 - the same day it was reported missing. You may want to contact them.

I had a TB go missing from a cache. When I visited the cache I went back in the log and discovered who had taken it (they logged it). It was a new geocacher but they were caching with other more experienced folks. An email to the older cachers helped recovere the TB and get it moving again. That is not always the case I know. I placed a coin in a geocache a while ago - and it went with no notation in the log. But I would suggest someone check the log in the actual cache first.

Agreed - place anything there and there is no guarantee. We just need to keep educating and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora
    I had a TB go missing from a cache.

Agreed - place anything there and there is no guarantee. We just need to keep educating and hope for the best.
    Sheesh! Don't get me started on this subject! LOL! Many people can tell you the saga of the "Boothbay Register TB" - released in conjunction with an article about RULOST2? and me in the Boothbay Register - which was picked up by a local cacher who held it for nearly a year, despite numerous efforts by people who knew him to get him to release it.

He finally logged a cache, logged the TB in, but within a day or two, the next cacher stated that the TB was not in the cache. Obviously the person with the TB was a lying SOB who kept the TB for some reason and then lied about placing it in a cache.

Or maybe he just lost it and was afraid to admit it.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    Or maybe he just lost it and was afraid to admit it.
    Kept it or lost it, I'm still sure he's lying about putting it in the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Kept it or lost it, I'm still sure he's lying about putting it in the cache.
    I'm curious how you would know? Perhaps the person that reported it not there took it just to bait making statements like the above, or perhaps someone didn't like you or the first person to take it and came along and took it without logging the find at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyHa
    I'm curious how you would know? Perhaps the person that reported it not there took it just to bait making statements like the above, or perhaps someone didn't like you or the first person to take it and came along and took it without logging the find at all.
    I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. This has been an ongoing issue for over a year. Prease don't jump in now and try and make judgements.

If you're that curious, please go back and read the threads on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Prease don't jump in now and try and make judgements.

If you're that curious, please go back and read the threads on this subject.
    I made no judgements simply asked a question. Unless the dude confessed or one has 24 / 7 survalence on the cach how would one know?