Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please don't tell me that my Quebec Geocoin was stolen...

Quote Originally Posted by RockyHa
    I made no judgements simply asked a question. Unless the dude confessed or one has 24 / 7 survalence on the cach how would one know?
    Can you please explain to me why most of your posts are abrasive toward members of this website. Many of us have been on here actively since its inception. You suddenly decide to become an active participant who has nothing nice to say to anyone. Is this necessary? We are all friends here who sometimes get into active discussions. But in the end we are friends. Didn't your mother tell you if you don't have something nice to say they don't say anything.
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!

I have been abrasive to noone, and in this case simply asked a question. I have had items disappear from caches even whole caches (from my own land). The answers certainly could have been considered to be abrasive or unfriendly in the least.

I have been abrasive to noone, and in this case simply asked a question
    No, of course not. Questioning the ethics of well known and respected geocachers is not being abrasive. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    No, of course not. Questioning the ethics of well known and respected geocachers is not being abrasive. LOL!
    I questioned noones ethics, simply asked a question.

I questioned noones ethics, simply asked a question.
    LOL!

Here's what you said, "Dude" (spelling errors and all...):

"At the very least the poll should be deleated prior to closeing the election as the numbers aren't there to support having the election. Frankly the existance of the poll reflects poorly on the ethics of the nominees."

And again:

"My concern is that the poll doesn't support the election, the numbers aren't there to justify saying the membership is in favor of organizing, hence calling into question the ethics of the nominees."

Remember now?

Sheesh!

LOL!

Here's what you said, "Dude": "My concern is that the poll doesn't support the election, the numbers aren't there to justify saying the membership is in favor of organizing, hence calling into question the ethics of the nominees."

Move on...
    Lets try and stay on topic here.

Were talking about the coin and then you bring in the election conversation. RockyHa simply asked a question and everyone got on the defensive. Yes he may sound mean spirited but I think it is only because of the way people reply to him sometimes. Reactions go both ways. When someone asks a question and in a rude way they get a rude answer. Also when someone asks a question nicely and gets a rude answer then the person asking starts to get rude.

Here is what he asked.
    I'm curious how you would know?
    Then he went on to explain what could have been the case scenario.

I am not sticking up for RockyHa but there seems to be a lot of jumping down on people here lately. Also RockyHA if you could maybe cooperate a little that might help too.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Were talking about the coin and then you bring in the election conversation. RockyHa simply asked a question and everyone got on the defensive. Yes he may sound mean spirited but I think it is only because of the way people reply to him sometimes. Reactions go both ways. When someone asks a question and in a rude way they get a rude answer. Also when someone asks a question nicely and gets a rude answer then the person asking starts to get rude.
    Rick -

I don't think you followed the thread closely. Please start reading from Mainiac1957's comment.

Brad asked a decent question: why is this guy so abrasive? He denied it, and I posted a couple of examples.

(If you think a thread has moved off-topic, then close it. We'll start another one! )

Rick -

I don't think you followed the thread closely. Please start reading from Mainiac1957's comment.

Brad asked a decent question: why is this guy so abrasive? He denied it, and I posted a couple of examples.

(If you think a thread has moved off-topic, then close it. We'll start another one! )
    I quit. I give up.
    Blazing Troll

attroll : I quit. I give up.

Please don't.

Perhaps we just need a "BBQ Pit" forum, where people can troll, flame, and generally abuse one another to their hearts' content. When a thread starts getting off-topic and into a grey area, move the whole thread to that forum; Then you'd only need to intervene and close the thread if it started getting really nasty.

I've seen that work well on other sites - It keeps the "real" threads cleaner, since if you just close a thread when it goes sour, some people will carry on the discussion in another otherwise-productive thread. And if someone still manages to get hurt feelings, well, they'd have only themselves to blame for hanging out in a dark alley with a wad of cash hanging out.
    Ego non quaero te in nomine Patris, sed in nomine Signali.

Quote Originally Posted by ribnag

Perhaps we just need a "BBQ Pit" forum, where people can troll, flame, and generally abuse one another to their hearts' content.
    If I've flamed anyone lately, I'd certainlylike it pointed out!

Sheesh!

If a guy is a liar, and you point that out, I don't consider that flaming! Flaming is when you call a person a liar when he isn't.