vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caching Virgin

Talking Speaking of not waiting until spring...

Why don't we plan something for late November? Let's say...a Turkey Hunt! Anybody have any good ideas?

PS Welcome to the group Chef Dave...and remember, ALWAYS waypoint the vehicle! Look forward to meeting you soon!

Cameoooooo

Default Welcome!

Great to have another "Southerner" in the group! There is so much to see in our area and everywhere else in the state - this is a fantastic way to find all the great places!

You may have already found the Tips for Newbies in the Getting Started Forum section, but just in case you haven't I wanted to let you know it is there. There are many great tips, that can be of great help.

Hope to meet you on the geocaching path or at an event somewhere along the way. Have fun!

Talking

WOW!
    Thank all of you very much for making me feel so welcome. Would love to cook for you guys sometime or better yet maybe have a get together at one of the restaurants I work at down here in the flatlands .

I'm getting very excited to go on my first hunt tommorrow. I really hope we can fit it in. We're hiking Mt. Chocurua in the White Mountains and I'm trying to find some caches along the way.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Thank you all again
    "The journey is the destination"

Well we've had a BLAST this weekend. You guys are right this is VERY addicting. Did 2 hunts in NH on Saturday. One yesterday and one this afternoon. Had a very challenging day yesterday and completed it just before it was pitch black out. Learned a valuable lesson "ALWAYS bring a flashlight!" just in case.

Today we learned another lesson...bring 2 flashlights..lol.

The one we completed this afternoon/evening was a blast. The sun was setting as we arrived but we pressed on anyway. Luckily I waypointed several times as we were traveling since we would've gotten lost in the dark without them.

I've lived in this area for over 8 years and never realized some of the beautiful places right in my backyard. That's what makes this activity worthwhile! Can't wait for Saturday to go on our next round of hunts!
    "The journey is the destination"

Red face Isn't that the truth - LOL!

Isn't it fantastic! I have been busy working and haven't been able to cache for over a week LOL.

Have lots of fun - it is such a wonderful way to see what is around us and that we would otherwise miss. Days like today make it tough to stay inside - would much rather be caching!!

Welcome to this sport, hobby, pastime, whatever. We have been doing it since april and love it. I can be so much more than hunting for a cache. We have seen lots of places that we never would have seen if not for searching for a cache. We have also got a lot of exercise as well. Just make sure you have plenty of money for Bug Spray, Gas, Bug spray, Bandaids, Bug spray, Poison Ivy ointment, Bug spray, Water and snacks, Bug spray, Hiking shoes, Bug spray, Gpsr accessories, Bug spray, Geo site premimum membership, Bug spray, New alarm clock to get up early for FTF's, and Bug spray. Oh did I mention you may need Bug spray. Happy trails, John

John,

You've got to stop reading these old threads! LOL!

It is a good sign that you are hooked before your first find! I am new to this too. It has been so wonderful visiting places I would not have had the fortune of visiting otherwise. Have fun......covefarm (Barbara from Bar Harbor)

Uh . . . since Chef Dave originally started this thread back in October of 2004 I guess it's probably safe to say that he is no longer a caching virgin and probably knows quite a bit about caching by now . . . including bringing the all-important bug spray.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I guess he has been around. I didn't notice the date of joining, but aren't we a welcoming bunch!!!!!!!