vb:literal>

Thread: Happy Birthday TigQuilt!

Default Happy Birthday TigQuilt!

There's a story here:

We first met TigQuilt - a noted New Hampshire cacher - a couple of years ago when we placed the "Cindy the Cinderblock" TB in one of her caches (TigQuilt's name is Cindy, I believe). She met us to pick the TB up. (This was also the trip where we pickd up 8 TB's for the "Capture the Flag" contest.)

We met her again last year. We saw a nice knitted toque cap with a geocaching logo on eBay, so I bought two, one for RULOST2? and one that we gave away at the WWWWWW2 event this year. In correspnding with the seller, we learned that the knitter was TigQuilt! Since we were both going to attend an event in Manchester, New Hampshire in the near future, we met her there and picked up our caps.

RULOST2? and I are again on a caching trip to New Hampshire, and the third cache we approached today was "Laughing Loon", located near the Loon Center in Moultonborough,NH. We pulled into the parking lot, looked at the cache description, and decided we'd pass on this one. We went to another nearby cache, and when we returned to the car, we found a note from TigQuilt under the wiper, asking us to meet her back at the Loon Center where she worked (she'd apparently recognized our GOCACHE plates when we'd pulled into the parking lot.)

Well, we had a nice chat and moved along. Probably the 3d cache we went to after leaving the Loon Center was, ironically, a cache named "Happy Birthday Tigquilt". Reading the description, we noted that the cache was placed on Aug 21, 2005. Hello? Since we had her phone number, we called TigQuilt and confirmed that today actually was her birthday.

So...

Happy birthday, TigQuilt!

Happy B-Day to a fellow cacher!

Happy Birthday TigQuilt! We saw your name in almost all the logs we found in the N.H. caches we did last summer. Cache on!!
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

I have done a fair number of TigQuilt's cipher caches around Wolfeboro, and finally got to meet her last week trying to find the Trek in the Woods cache in Wells. I also have two of her hats! Happy Birthday TigQuilt!! Generally a milestone like this means another cipher cache is coming....

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    I have done a fair number of TigQuilt's cipher caches around Wolfeboro, and finally got to meet her last week :
    Cipher caches? We did most of the caches around Wolfeboro but didn't see any of those (of course, we don't even list anything higher than a 3/3.) And I see a couple of her caches exceed that - like the one where the description starts "A long steep hike up"...

But can you list one of two of theswe "cipher caches"? I'm not sure which ones you're referring to.

Here are the cipher caches I've found in New Hampshire that were placed by TigQuilt:Several of them are over 3.0 on the difficulty; even though the cache is easy to find, solving the cipher sometimes is not! There are also a number of cipher caches placed by mscrep in the North Berwick area, one of which is a 4.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    Here are the cipher caches I've found in New Hampshire that were placed by TigQuilt:[LIST][*]Team Rose Hits 200!![*]Mysterious Morbit Museum[*]mscrep Hits 1000!![*]Happy Birthday mscrep [*]PaxEtBonum & Messie Tessie hit 1000!![*][URL="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=64d28997-6a26-4c07-aeb0-9c6550d8ba0b"]Nasty
    OK - I see why they're not on my list. They're all "Unknown" caches. We usuallu exclude those when we go on a caching trip because they're usually a pain to do with just the PDA. We do them when we do local Maine caches as we are usually more specific in the area we're caching in, and will print those cache descriptions to make it easier - and usually solve the puzzle before starting out.

Happy Birthday!!