vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Door Closes, Another Opens...

Smile One Door Closes, Another Opens...

Congratulations to the 5 winning members who will now take this website in a whole new direction.

With the vote now in, it is time for me to step down from my moderating position and let them take the lead. It's been a pleasure to work with Rick for the past year and a half and get to know the software and forum inside and out. I will surely be able to move on and continue to learn about html and have the solid base that Rick has provided to me.

The events that took place yesterday have also factored into my decision not to continue to be moderator for this site. Some of the words spoken in public and private from members of this site were truly hurtful. It's unfortunate that it even got to this point, but the bottom line is that I care too much about my friendships with these members to jeopardize that more than it is now by holding them accountable for what they say and do on this site. I'd rather just be friends with them! Also, I look forward to being able to share my opinion and not having to hold back.

So with that said, I look forward to returning to the caching trail! See you there!
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 08-22-2006 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Congratulations to the 5 winning members who will now take this website in a whole new direction.
    Sheesh! I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't see that being the case at all, and think that the names of any of the other nominees could have been substituted for any of those elected without any change in the direction of GeocachingMaine.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Sheesh! I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't see that being the case at all, and think that the names of any of the other nominees could have been substituted for any of those elected without any change in the direction of GeocachingMaine.

Should I have picked a different word? What would you suggest Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Should I have picked a different word? What would you suggest Bruce?
    Um... How about instead of "whole new direction" we substitute "more focused"?

d’76 Guest

Good point I thought the direction was staying the same and the focus was what was changing with a few folks that can make a few basic desicions.

OBTW congrats Bruce and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976

OBTW congrats Bruce and the others.
    Off-topic!

Congratulations to the 5 winning members who will now take this website in a more focused.

Hmmmm....something missing....

Well Bruce, Cameo had it right the first time. The administration of this site tried to make it “more focused” and hold people accountable for their words here and all some of you folks did was jump all over their case instead of thinking about what they were trying to do and their reasons behind it, so now it will move on in a new direction.

Everyone needs to remember that even with the new “board” this site still belongs to Rick and it is his right to have final say on what goes on here. If it is his decision to make this site one where it is safe to have an mature conversation rather than a free for all for flame wars and snide remarks then the members need to respect that or move on.

Thank you to the members who have PM'ed me their thoughts. I really appreciate your friendship and words of encouragement. You know who you are.

Cammy, I respect your decision, but it's our loss.

As for the rest of us - let's be as supportive as possible in this new venture. The formation of an Advisory Board does not mean that we will be dictated to, for goodness sake! We are still free to express our opinions. And, I know our ideas and opinions will be acknowledged and considered.

I believe that the best alternatives come through a difference of ideas. The slate of advisors we have elected will certainly have differing opinions, just as we do, and that's healthy and will benefit all of us.

Let's see how it plays out before jumping to conclusions that may never occur.

Lee
    Appreciate everyone who has ever come into your life- for some come in as a blessing and others come in as a lesson.