vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Door Closes, Another Opens...

I respect your decision, but am sorry to hear that!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Wow, I was not expecting this. I thought it was great you were working to back up the site, and a good moderator as well. The decision is yours, but I think the site is better because of your input and all you have done above being a member.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I had posted this earlier under, apparently the wrong thread but it's the same for you Cameo.

I'm a little confused though or maybe I missed something in the threads. I thought the website was different from the association. Isn't the website a forum for all to voice their views and opinions or discuss issues? ....and the geocachingmaine association a group of cachers with a board who can be contacted if public issues arise? If so, why would Haffy and Cameo, who are doing something related to the website and doing it very well, feel compelled to stop? Monitoring the website is a totally different issue than representing the voice of the geocachingmaine association.

Quote Originally Posted by tlarson
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Well Bruce, Cameo had it right the first time. The administration of this site tried to make it “more focused” and hold people accountable for their words here
    I think you miss the purpose of the advisory board. Although Rick is the webmaster, the site actually "belongs" to all of us - we are in all respects an organization. I really don't understand why some people think this VERY diverse group of cachers that has been elected as the advisory board will take the site in a new direction. If you had attended the meeting that was held to discuss establishing the board, you'd know that the peoplected - and most of those nominated - espressed their opinions and they were NOT in lock-step about anything - other than the need to establish the board.

Quote Originally Posted by tlarson
    Well Bruce, Cameo had it right the first time. The administration of this site tried to make it “more focused” and hold people accountable for their words here and all some of you folks did was jump all over their case instead of thinking about what they were trying to do and their reasons behind it, so now it will move on in a new direction.
    Yes Tim I tried my best in the past and your right all I got was people jumping all over my case. This is one reason I was wanting to have the board. Now we that we have a board we will truly see what direction it will take us. Whether it will be good or bad only time will tell. I will say this though. I will give it my 100% and work with the board on this. At least if it fails now I will not be the soul person that gets all the crap from here on out.
    Blazing Troll

Moderating is no fun, is it? I do it for a few discussion boards, one of them for the Geocachers of Kentucky, and it can be a tough job.

Tempers can flare far more easily on a forum than they do in person, partly because the person is not right there and somehow that makes it "acceptable" to be rude, and partly because you can't see the expression on another person's face or hear the inflection in their voice that tells you whether they are kidding, or how serious they are.

But, hey, that's why moderators get paid the big bucks, right? Oh, wait, you weren't getting paid either?

Quote Originally Posted by hoys

But, hey, that's why moderators get paid the big bucks, right? Oh, wait, you weren't getting paid either?
    Okay, now that made me laugh.

All part of the service, m'friend. You'll get my bill for therapy later. As Lucy would say, "five cents, please".