vb:literal>

Thread: My door is closing as well.

Default My door is closing as well.

I think it is now time for me to step down as moderator as well and the newly elected board will now have the opportunity to maybe place someone in this position who is more qualified and more reserved then I. I too have way too many friends in here who I would like to keep as friends and being on both sides of the curtain is way too much to gamble away. Thanks to Rick for the opportunity and I wish the next person or persons the best of luck.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Haffy, it's been a pleasure working with you on this site behind the scenes. I think we were able to assist Rick with the site in a positive manner. I value our friendship a lot and I look forward to caching with you very soon.

Although I suppose you both just want to do the "right" thing here, I'd point out that "moderator" has an entirely different function than "board member".

Moderators keep discussions flowing smoothly and more-or-less on-topic. They move posts to more appropriate threads, close out flamewars, and boot chronic trolls.

A Board, presumeably, decides the general direction to take the organization. They might plot a course, but don't directly trim the sails.
    Ego non quaero te in nomine Patris, sed in nomine Signali.

I respect your decision, but am sorry to hear that!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Wow, another decision I did not expect! I think you were doing fine as moderator, and I for one would not stop being your friend if you used those moderating powers against me. Both you and Cameo are two of the most trustworthy members we have. Perhaps you will reconsider when we see what happens with the group.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I had posted this earlier under, apparently the wrong thread.

I'm a little confused though or maybe I missed something in the threads. I thought the website was different from the association. Isn't the website a forum for all to voice their views and opinions or discuss issues? ....and the geocachingmaine association a group of cachers with a board who can be contacted if public issues arise? If so, why would Haffy and Cameo, who are doing something related to the website and doing it very well, feel compelled to stop? Monitoring the website is a totally different issue than representing the voice of the geocachingmaine association.