vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Member Only Caches

I have 3 PM caches and 47 non PM caches, The reason I placed them as PM is that I've found that non PM caches get muggled alot and require alot more maintence. One of my PM caches is placed in a sentive area and by making it a PM cache I've reduced the amount of traffic the area get's. One of the other PM caches I have is a 68Gallon(114L) container and if full of higher than normal geocache swag...IE cordless drill, fax machine, wall clocks and other larger items.

after having a cache stolen twice, i decided i go to member only for placing that cache a 3rd time. don't know if it will keep it from getting stolen again...but at this point i'll try anything. i think the thief is a person who looks up the caches in his local area, steals them, and thinks it's a great joke when others report DNF and the cache owner is out a ammo box, cache and has to decommission the cache. If i ever see anyone walking away with a cache, they had better have a good explanation and be ready for the rath of a pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by parrothead cacher View Post
    after having a cache stolen twice, i decided i go to member only for placing that cache a 3rd time. don't know if it will keep it from getting stolen again...but at this point i'll try anything. i think the thief is a person who looks up the caches in his local area, steals them, and thinks it's a great joke when others report DNF and the cache owner is out a ammo box, cache and has to decommission the cache. If i ever see anyone walking away with a cache, they had better have a good explanation and be ready for the rath of a pirate.
    While I am not a big fan of member-only caches (personal choice), in a case like this I can't say as I would blame you one iota and think I would do the same exact thing . . . how you keep from getting discouraged about this is a testament to your personality.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."