vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas War!

Default Gas War!

Anyone need gas? Seems like there's a gas war going on in Newport. Six stations all are tied with the lowest regular gas prices in the state - $2.69, and a seventh has gas at $2.72.

And after that, we can go to the WalMart Supercenter!

Post An Article

There was an article in today's BDN on that. Seems Greg Lovely, noted Newport business man bought the Valero Station. He is now selling gas at a bare minimum profit. He will make his money on sales in the C-store instead. The other stations in town have had to follow suit or lose all there gas sales I guess. He also is buying a Citgo on west Rt 2 which he plans on doing the same. He is sick of consumers getting in the butt on gas pricing. So there!! You go Greg!!
    Happy Trails!

wow! gas has been $2.79 at the citgo in blue hill for a week - while at the station just down over the hill in the middle of town it's $3.20! go figure!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

I don't know how many of you use it, but www.mainegasprices.com has a user-maintained database to keep track of the lowest fuel prices. They are part of a larger, US-wide site called www.gasbuddy.com - I used to maintain prices when I lived in Kentucky, but since I telecommute here I don't see gas stations all that regularly (and Topsham is well covered by contributors).

(note: in the ultimare irony, I just tried to visit the site and mainegasprices.com is down at the moment, figures...)

One interesting site feature (new) is the "Gas Price Temperature Chart" that graphically shows average prices across the US:

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

Man, would I like to see those prices...here in Southern NH the lowest around is $2.91
    "When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"

Filled up the other day for $2.77..................in Pennsylvania.

-RanMan22

Quote Originally Posted by hoys
    I don't know how many of you use it, but www.mainegasprices.com has a user-maintained database to keep track of the lowest fuel prices. They are part of a larger, US-wide site called www.gasbuddy.com
    That's where I got the information for my post - and the site has been mentioned a couple of times in the past.

A great resource! When we went on vacation in June, and hit a LOT of states, I used it a lot to determine if I bought gas "now", or waited until I got to the next state!

Quote Originally Posted by MoxieMan
    Man, would I like to see those prices...here in Southern NH the lowest around is $2.91
    We were in the Lake Winnepessaukee (didn't check spelling) area the first 3 days of this week, and saw gas prices generally in the $2.82 - $2.87 range. Then crossed into Maine where it was all $2.99!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    We were in the Lake Winnepessaukee (didn't check spelling) area the first 3 days of this week, and saw gas prices generally in the $2.82 - $2.87 range. Then crossed into Maine where it was all $2.99!
    Live Free or Die! . . . New Hampshire's Motto

We'll Tax You Until Your Death . . . Maine's new Motto
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Wer'e still at $3.04... highest in the state
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.