vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality Time

Default Quality Time

I for one really do like the way caches here in Maine are set up and would rather not see it get like this http://www.nefga.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=9398#9398

Default Quality time

I can't see much enjoyment in that type of caching. If there are that many caches in a small area like that who needs a GPSr ? There must be a cache in every possible hiding spot already. I noticed one cacher listed 1700 finds and 230 caches hidden. How can anyone properly maintain that many caches? No wonder we have trouble trying to log our few cache finds on the weekends. I hope Maine cachers keep placing caches with a purpose and not just for numbers. We don.t need a cache behind every tree in Maine.

My thoughts exactly, yop....
    Silva, of the forest

Beneath you, feel the Earth.
    Above you, feel the Sky.
    Around you, feel the presence and the Power
    of the Trees!

I would rather cache up here in Maine / New Hampshire (New England Area) because the caches seem to be put out with some thought, whether it be for a scenic picture, a piece of history, or just something that you may pass by every day and never really stop to investigate.

Thumbs up I agree!

I'm with my Maine geo-pals on this one. Having just done a few caches while visiting family in Florida, I found the biggest challenge to be finding some in the ongoing list of caches in the area that would have any value and meaning for me. I did manage to find a couple in parks that were decent. I also found one on a train engine - yep - first attempt!! I think my Old 470 experience helped me with that one - LOL. I approached it with sheer determination and confidence - heehee.

I vote for caching in Maine - or at least Maine, NH, Vermont. The journey along the path to find the cache is really why I do this. So for me increasing numbers means increased exercise!
    Last edited by Beach Comber; 10-27-2004 at 05:15 PM.

I'll bet a great many of these were micro "caches", and I've expressed my feelings on the proliferation of micros in this forum before. Placing micro "caches" behind signs, under light posts, etc., IS NOT CACHING in my opinion.

RULOST2? and I spent the last 2 days on an excellent caching trip in the Boothbay Harbor area. It's a beautiful area, and we REALLY enjoyed seeing to many interesting parks, isolated coves, and scenic vistas. THAT is what caching is about, in my not so humble opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber

I vote for caching in Maine - or at least Maine, NH, Vermont. The journey along the path to find the cache is really why I do this. So for me increasing numbers means increased exercise!
    I've visited some EXCELENT caches in New Brunswick and highly recommend caching there. St. John is onky 4 hours from Bangor, and motels are cheap (plus you get the echange discount!)

Go to Canada!

And Vermont is nice also...

Default Quebec too!

The ones I did while in Quebec were for the most part just like here. Except for the part where some were written in french. I don't vouly vous too well if you know what I mean. Definitly makes for a challenge. Happy trails all.

I'm hoping that's one thing we get fron this site - to promote good hides and caching practices to those starting out, and to remind each other what it can become if we hide caches soley for the purpose of caching. It's fun to watch the numbers, but if we start hiding caches just to help up each others find count, it's just not the same game. Even if they were all great caches, I would not want one every 528 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    I'm hoping that's one thing we get fron this site - to promote good hides and caching practices to those starting out, and to remind each other what it can become if we hide caches soley for the purpose of caching. It's fun to watch the numbers, but if we start hiding caches just to help up each others find count, it's just not the same game. Even if they were all great caches, I would not want one every 528 feet.
    Sheesh! Anyone who has done your "Battleship" cache KNOWS that you're not into "quick finds"!