vb:literal>

Thread: Quality Time

Threaded View

Default I have mixed feelings

about micros and regular caches. I've cached in Maine, NH, NY, and Canada and have found great caches in each area and also meaningless caches in each place. There is a micro in Rochester, NY in front of a restaurant, that was challenging and fun. It is a VERY busy place and it's hilarious reading the logs to see what people went through to be unnoticed while getting the cache and signing the log. And I don't care for urban caches. But, I have seen other micros that I saw no point to as well as regular caches that were just "there", with no other purpose than to be a "number." With the low density of caches in Maine, you try to do all of those nearby before traveling longer distances. When I'm in NY or Canada, where there seem to be many more in a smaller area, I pick and choose based on the descriptions hoping to find some interesting places. I guess it goes back to "why" the cache was placed...a great view, a great hike, a nice preserve or park. Why do you want people to visit your cache? Hopefully you can get an idea of this in the cache description and it makes the search more enjoyable.
    Last edited by parmachenee; 10-28-2004 at 04:14 PM.