vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: An open invitation

Default RE: An open invitation

Becket and I are planning on attempting BrDad's Eagle Eye Stash Cache tomorrow afternoon around 1 p.m. or so. Our plan is to meet at the corner of Rt. 9 and 46 near a church and head out . . . anyone is more than welcome to join us as we attempt to find this cache -- I still have nightmares about Ol' 470 and only found Battleship as easily as I did since a geocacher happened to mention a cache -- not by name -- and how it was hidden when I interviewed him in my early geocaching days.

Afterwards we're thinking about heading to the Folk Festival to catch a bite to eat and listen to some music . . . and once again anyone is more than welcome to hook up with us if they're interested.

Any takers?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Eagle eye is a very pretty spot. Enjoy the trip!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Afterwards we're thinking about heading to the Folk Festival to catch a bite to eat and listen to some music . . . and once again anyone is more than welcome to hook up with us if they're interested.

Any takers?
    I'm out of work at 5 pm....maybe I can catch up with you guys at the festival. I've never been so maybe this is the year!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Becket and I are planning on attempting BrDad's Eagle Eye Stash Cache tomorrow afternoon around 1 p.m. or so. Our plan is to meet at the corner of Rt. 9 and 46 near a church and head out . . . anyone is more than welcome to join us as we attempt to find this cache -- I still have nightmares about Ol' 470 and only found Battleship as easily as I did since a geocacher happened to mention a cache -- not by name -- and how it was hidden when I interviewed him in my early geocaching days.
    RULOST2? and I were planning on being in the Bangor area tomorrow, but not sure if we want to try this hike.

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    I'm out of work at 5 pm....maybe I can catch up with you guys at the festival. I've never been so maybe this is the year!
    It's a lot of fun Cameooooooo . . . for folks who have never gone it's not like everyone is sitting around strumming the zitar and singing about magical dragons . . . there's a real blend of music from around the country and the world.

In addition there are folk artists who have some unbelievable works of art -- braided rugs, quilts, wood carvings, etc.

And then on top of that, there's the chance to sample some "world cuisine" from India, Korea, etc. . . . or you can "play it safe" and eat something at the Governor's booth (as for me I like the chance to try something new and different.)

That said, I'm sad to say that my Irish Celtic idol Karan Casey won't be performing there this year as she did two years ago so I can't vouch for how good the Celtic performers will be!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

In case anyone is interested:

www.americanfolkfestival.com

Jake - have talked with Becket and am planning on joining you tomorrow for the hunt. Looking forward to it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora
    Jake - have talked with Becket and am planning on joining you tomorrow for the hunt. Looking forward to it. Thank you.

Becke said you might be coming along . . . it will be nice to catch up on old times . . . you don't mind hanging out with a couple of Magellan users do you?

Are you thinking of grabbing something to eat at the AFF afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    I assume Becke has your cell phone number so we can all figure out a time to meet if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    RULOST2? and I were planning on being in the Bangor area tomorrow, but not sure if we want to try this hike.
    If you're planning on catching a few of the new caches in the "downtown" area you'll have to be pretty stealthy unless you get there early since the Festival brings a notable increase in the number of people and cars starting around noon-time or so.

If you're still in town you guys are more than welcome to join our little impromptu get-together for some international cuisine and music.