vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new...60CSX

What moderators?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Talking

Congrats J_Cyr!

I've really enjoyed my 60CSx. I got Topo and City Select as well for maps and I switch between them depending whether I'm driving or hiking. I wish I could display them both at the same time as layers, but it's easy to switch.

It works very well with Delorme Topo 6. I have a serial cable to connect it to my iPAQ as well for more detailed Delorme maps on the PocketPC. I also discovered a wicked awesome program called TopoFusion that I use to download my GPS tracks when I get home. Definitely check that program out!

I actually made my own map layer of the trails in the Bangor City Forest and it sits on top of Garmin's Topo. That was a lot of hard work, but lots of fun!

Enjoy!!!

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpriest

I actually made my own map layer of the trails in the Bangor City Forest and it sits on top of Garmin's Topo. That was a lot of hard work, but lots of fun!
    Could you send me a copy of that file? Thanks!

I discovered the original map I used to trace the trails over was not really that accurate. If I had the time, I'd walk over every trail and make a new map from actual GPS logs. That would be much more accurate. This map at least gets you headed in the right direction, though it's off by quite a distance.

It's a little complicated to install. I created a .reg file that you can run to register the map with MapSource so you can download it to the Garmin without overwriting your existing maps. You have to put the files in the exact location on your hard drive referenced in the .reg file (or alter the .reg file if you wish).

I'll email the files to you with more detailed instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpriest
    I'll email the files to you with more detailed instructions.
    Got them. Thanks!

That TopoFusion is good stuff.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Yeah, I might buy TopoFusion, it's really neat! I like the various layers it has (arieal, topo, etc.). I also like the track stats and profiles, like stopped time, moving time, average speed, elevation, etc.