vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost not fun anymore!!

Default Almost not fun anymore!!

I will never complain about clear containers with blue lids anymore, I SWEAR!!

I found this recently: http://www.greatplainsgeocachestore.com/ and almost spit out my tea when I saw the tree bark cache. There are days when I can't find Tupperware containers what makes them think I can find that!!??

Red face Ai yi yi !

I'm with you Jen - I shudder at the thought of cache containers looking like pieces of bark and pine cones. I, too have come to love the site of a blue or white container lid peaking out from it's hiding spot. Goodness knows that I don't want to add anymore caches to my DNF list. It will not only bruise my geocaching ego, but will likely cause the rest of you great challenge as you listen to me whine about it - LOL.

Here is what some will likely consider the perfect solution for the urban microcache syndrome - ugh! And to think I was excited that I found a nano size container while in Florida. Now there is this version.....the pico.....For a mere $2.99 you can now really drive all of your geocaching buddies absolutely crazy - heehee

http://store.greatplainsgeocachestor...oduct&id=14460#

Product Description:
    Make your cache site as difficult as possible with Mr. Magneto. This container measures in at 7/16" x 5/16". With Mr. Magneto's magnetic base, this pico cache container can be hidden just about anywhere!
    Last edited by Beach Comber; 10-30-2004 at 11:17 AM.

Well, not to cash in on anything...

But if someone actually wants a "pine cone cache" or a "fake rock cache", I can make one for them at a LOT better price than they're asking! LOL!

And I do have to say that if you go to the site's product line, they have a "Geocoin Protective Case" for only $.99 that looks pretty good...

What do you guys want ? All # 1 hides, come on. I personally get bored finding plastic containers, or ammo boxes in almost plain sight. I'm all for some originality. John

The down side of a really good natural cache container is that it could lead to some people tearing up real things by mistake. I'd rather be bored than kicked out of a nice, but sensitive place.

yeah, i agree , lets not take the fun out of geocaching...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hoamdezinahs
    What do you guys want ? All # 1 hides,
    Yup.

Default We all have our interests - there is no right or wrong

Just want to have fun - FTF, STF, DNF, whatever. For me that means a walk through the woods, along a beach, to the top of a huge hill and perhaps even falling or stepping into some mud along the way. Maybe even a dance through some poison ivy. Whatever the outdoors brings my way is fine. The container that the cache is in is not the motivator for me at all. I'd rather enjoy a lengthy trek and find a "boring ol' ammo can" than spend time searching for a cleverly hidden set of coordinates or container with my car still in site.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default Right On!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Just want to have fun - FTF, STF, DNF, whatever. For me that means a walk through the woods, along a beach, to the top of a huge hill and perhaps even falling or stepping into some mud along the way. Maybe even a dance through some poison ivy. Whatever the outdoors brings my way is fine. The container that the cache is in is not the motivator for me at all. I'd rather enjoy a lengthy trek and find a "boring ol' ammo can" than spend time searching for a cleverly hidden set of coordinates or container with my car still in site.
    My thoughts exactly. Thanks
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.