vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Armed and ready

Default Armed and ready

Hiram I am armed and ready for our next camping/off roading trip are you? Do you have anything in mind. I would like to do one before it gets to cold.

Maybe at Wheelbarrow Pitch on October 21-22?
    Last edited by attroll; 09-05-2006 at 12:49 AM.
    Blazing Troll

Sounds good!

That weekend looks open for me
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Cool.

Arron should we call and make reservations for two and Wheelbarrow pitch then?

So far we have:
    Me and Tink
    Mike
    Hiram and Wife
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Cool.

Arron should we call and make reservations for two and Wheelbarrow pitch then?

So far we have:
    Me and Tink
    Mike
    Hiram and Wife
    I don't think these sites are reservable, but are more on a first-come, first-serve basis. I could be wrong though.

OK, so maybe my advice for OB wasn't so good . . . but Little Omaha is pretty sweet though!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I don't think these sites are reservable, but are more on a first-come, first-serve basis. I could be wrong though.

OK, so maybe my advice for OB wasn't so good . . . but Little Omaha is pretty sweet though!
    Arron told me that he called someone last time for reservations.
    Blazing Troll

Big Omaha, and a few other sites are reservable, but wheelbarrow pitch is not one of the... (geeze rick, dontya remember having this conversation already??? remember I brought it up because it was posted on the inside of the outhouse along with "discharging firearms at your lunch" ) I think a scout party should go ahead early on friday and make sure that a tent is in place and the road blocked to ensure we've got the site....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Maybe we can talk Dave and Gail to go in on Friday and put up some junk tents or something to hold it for us. Or they could go in Friday and set up camp and stay the night and wait for us to show up Saturday.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Big Omaha, and a few other sites are reservable, but wheelbarrow pitch is not one of the... (geeze rick, dontya remember having this conversation already??? remember I brought it up because it was posted on the inside of the outhouse along with "discharging firearms at your lunch" ) I think a scout party should go ahead early on friday and make sure that a tent is in place and the road blocked to ensure we've got the site....
    . . . and set up a few machine gun nests, a mine field and string up some barbed wire.

I suspect getting a spot here in early to mid-October shouldn't be an issue anyways since most of the summer campers will have packed it up long ago. Again, only my opinion.

"Reservable" . . . for all the good that did you guys, huh?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Arron told me that he called someone last time for reservations.
    I was going to respond to this one, but I think Aaron explained it pretty well . . . just certain spots such as Omaha Beach are supposed to be "reservable" for groups.