vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First group cache hide

Hybrid View

Default First group cache hide

We did our first group cache hide on 26 August 2006. It is a very easy find but you will need a high clearance 4 wheel drive to get to it. The drive to it is not difficult. The only issue is the rocks and that is why you need a 4 wheel drive with some clearance on it.

Our goal as the ORCA's is to place a cache every time we get together and do something as a group.

Hiram let us know the link to the cache when you get it done.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Hiram let us know the link to the cache when you get it done.
    (I'm still waiting on some pictures of the cache) *hint**hint*
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I also thought that I would mention we made our first ORCA FTF on Saturday too! at the Milo Cache

Just let me know when the next trip will be . . . I'll try not to steer you guys to a party place. As I mentioned in my PM to Hiram I realized afterwards that some of the river guides party there. Little Omaha and Wheelbarrow Pitch (as you discovered) are pretty nice.

I need to go back to that area for an overnight though to get some virtuals and snag some of the other caches in the area.

A future ORCA trip might be in Washington County off Rt. 9. There are some pretty remote places there as well.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Just let me know when the next trip will be . . . I'll try not to steer you guys to a party place. As I mentioned in my PM to Hiram I realized afterwards that some of the river guides party there. Little Omaha and Wheelbarrow Pitch (as you discovered) are pretty nice.

I need to go back to that area for an overnight though to get some virtuals and snag some of the other caches in the area.

A future ORCA trip might be in Washington County off Rt. 9. There are some pretty remote places there as well.
    I will have to look that up on the map. Where about in Washington county off route 9, what town is the near?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I will have to look that up on the map. Where about in Washington county off route 9, what town is the near?
    Somewhere between Beddington and Grand Lake Stream . . . I've never camped there but I believe there are some spots on Chemo Pond, Eagle Lake, Deer Lake and I think Sabao Pond.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Want to know that alternate camp site ........... also you have the start of a great coin!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora
    Want to know that alternate camp site ........... also you have the start of a great coin!
    You'll pass it on the way to our new cache, the campsite is called wheelbarrow pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    You'll pass it on the way to our new cache, the campsite is called wheelbarrow pitch.
    I've camped there more than a few times . . . but I prefer Little Omaha Beach (which is different than the regular Omaha Beach) . . . I should have known that going on a Saturday night to OB would be a bad idea since a lot of the River Raft guides party there . . . I just figured it is a spot specifically reserved for large camping groups -- of course as Hiram and crew discovered "reservations" and X number of tent sites apparently mean very little when you're two miles off the paved road. I am glad things worked out for you guys though.

Okay!!! Go Get It!!! Gcy1rf Gcy1rf Gcy1rf Gcy1rf Gcy1rf Gcy1rf!!!