vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geowoodstock 5

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Okay, and I thought I was the numbers girl. So how much would the whole deal cost? And how many bucks do I have to save every week to get there?

Holy crap, we could cache on the way! And the way back! LOL
    yeah, how much? and how many caches can we get?
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

We can figure the budget based on determining a vehicle to travel in and the estimated MPG. Pick the vehicle give me a MPG and I will work out a budget. I would also need the number of days we want to travel (hotel / meals).

Now the caches on the way - I will leave that techno piece to another one of the gang.

We could CITO lots of bottles for a gas fund LOL!

Post Just did this

Troy and I just drove to Florida and back. Raleigh was about 985 miles and with gas mileage of the Team Tahoe ( 17 MPG ) it would be about 300.00 round trip. Gas is quite a bit cheaper down south. ( 2.59 ) alot of places. The time at approx. 75 miles per hour, figuring in some caching along the way, and we took the western route, thru Hartford and Pennsylvania, was about 20 hours. Lots of caches along the way. Most of them micros at rest areas. The Team will probally be going, but would make it a week long vacation. Most of this route is allready available thru GC.com. " along a route " is a shared method of making PQ's. Also there are alot of Bookmarks along those routes.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

T2H - thanks for the tips - it helps to have lots of information.

what? cameoo and becket you are not inviting me to go..

Quote Originally Posted by noreasta
    what? cameoo and becket you are not inviting me to go..
    OH steve!

Guys don't stop often enough for P breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    gas mileage of the Team Tahoe ( 17 MPG )
    Well, we know the Expy is not going at roughly 13 mpg so let's take an average of 25 miles per gallon and calculate with that. I've got an in as far as hotels go, and meals we can pack picnics and a cooler to help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Well, we know the Expy is not going at roughly 13 mpg so let's take an average of 25 miles per gallon and calculate with that. I've got an in as far as hotels go, and meals we can pack picnics and a cooler to help with that.
    my car gets 32 mpg i can hear those caches along the way calling us now!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    . . . Gas is quite a bit cheaper down south. ( 2.59 ) alot of places. . ..
    Pretty sad isn't it when we consider $2.59 to be a good deal . . . although $2.59 does sound pretty decent . . . I've got to figure out some excuse to drive over to Newport again and fuel up.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Pretty sad isn't it when we consider $2.59 to be a good deal . . . although $2.59 does sound pretty decent . . . I've got to figure out some excuse to drive over to Newport again and fuel up.
    $2.58 at Patterson's in Burnham right now.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!