vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter Camping Event

Default Winter Camping Event

Is anyone interested in a Winter Campout Event? Assuming we get some snow, a few of us have been thinking about a winter camp out event at Webb Lake Campground in Mt. Blue State Park. Are there any good/bad weekends in February, perhaps 17/18 or 24/25?

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Is anyone interested in a Winter Campout Event? Assuming we get some snow, a few of us have been thinking about a winter camp out event at Webb Lake Campground in Mt. Blue State Park. Are there any good/bad weekends in February, perhaps 17/18 or 24/25?
    i think with or without snow, it would be good fun
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Are your referring to the area where the lean-to's are?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Are your referring to the area where the lean-to's are?
    At the official State Park Campground. There is a beach, a boat ramp and campground.

I think you are refering to the lean to at Parker Trail up Tumbledown, and that was closed to overnight use last year.

Default Good time!

Either of those two weekends are good for the Team.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

At the official State Park Campground. There is a beach, a boat ramp and campground.

I think you are refering to the lean to at Parker Trail up Tumbledown, and that was closed to overnight use last year.
    Nope. I have never been to Tumbledown. I am referring to Mount Blue. I was there on the snowmobiles one year. It was just up the road from the park rangers headquarters or some type of headquarters.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Nope. I have never been to Tumbledown. I am referring to Mount Blue. I was there on the snowmobiles one year. It was just up the road from the park rangers headquarters or some type of headquarters.
    I was thinking N44 40.777 W70 27.000, but, if you know of a a place with better snowmobile access, post the coords.

Default Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'll be in Seattle on the 17th and 18th, hopefully doing some hiking and camping with my daughter. I do fly back on Thursday so should be able to make it on the following weekend. Let me know how I can help? Rick and Tom, aren't you both talking about the same spot?

I was thinking N44 40.777 W70 27.000, but, if you know of a a place with better snowmobile access, post the coords.
    If I knew the coords I would post them, but like I said this was a long time ago. Long before I knew about geocaching and using a GPS. This was more up towards the actual mountain though.

I did however spend a lot of time with delorme topo and google earth and this is where I think the lean-to's are, but I could be wrong. It appears to be at the end of Mount Blue Rd.

N44 43.332
    W70 21.732
    Blazing Troll

Well with both sets of the coordinates that you guys have given this is the map with both sets so you can take it from there.

Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.