Update: September 1, 2006
Thanks to those who have taken advantage of the new Feedback to Board Members forum. We have received some great feedback and look forward to more. Please continue to share your ideas and opinions – it is important as we move through this next phase.
Over the past week and a half, we have done a great deal of brainstorming. We have primarily focused on creating a list of priorities. This list is a starting point and will be the foundation for moving forward. Here are the broad categories and some examples of the types of specific topics we see falling under them:
1. Working together
- Coordinated communication to the website
- Deciding what the board's short term goals are
- How to best work together long term
- Mission statement
2. Moderating the site
- Standards for communicating
- Role and guidelines for the moderator
- Following the User Guidelines
- Reporting abuse
3. Long term goals
- Site and participant promotion
- Public relations
4. Organizational structure
- Length initial board is in place
- Office terms
- Nominating and voting in new members
- Staggering/rotating new members into the board
- Relinquishing an existing role
- Requesting a current board member step down
Though we don’t have a tremendous amount to share about individual topics at this time, we wanted to at least provide an update and let everyone know that we are in the process of identifying a plan.
We welcome your feedback and look forward to sharing more information in the near future!
All comments are a collaborative effort of the board members.