vb:literal>

Thread: Update: September 1, 2006

Default Update: September 1, 2006

Thanks to those who have taken advantage of the new Feedback to Board Members forum. We have received some great feedback and look forward to more. Please continue to share your ideas and opinions – it is important as we move through this next phase.

Over the past week and a half, we have done a great deal of brainstorming. We have primarily focused on creating a list of priorities. This list is a starting point and will be the foundation for moving forward. Here are the broad categories and some examples of the types of specific topics we see falling under them:

1. Working together
    - Coordinated communication to the website
    - Deciding what the board's short term goals are
    - How to best work together long term
    - Mission statement
    - Projects

2. Moderating the site
    - Standards for communicating
    - Role and guidelines for the moderator
    - Following the User Guidelines
    - Reporting abuse

3. Long term goals
    - Site and participant promotion
    - Education
    - Public relations

4. Organizational structure
    - Length initial board is in place
    - Office terms
    - Nominating and voting in new members
    - Staggering/rotating new members into the board
    - Relinquishing an existing role
    - Requesting a current board member step down

Though we don’t have a tremendous amount to share about individual topics at this time, we wanted to at least provide an update and let everyone know that we are in the process of identifying a plan.

We welcome your feedback and look forward to sharing more information in the near future!

All comments are a collaborative effort of the board members.

Default From another thread about the Maine Geocoin

This is quoted from the following thread concerning the next Maine Geocoin:
    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...ead.php?t=1796

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    The Advisory Board has been discussing this, and I think it is the way we'd like to go, but I believe we're going to submit it to a general vote.

Making the next Maine Geocoin trackable or not is already being discussed? This will fall under the pervue of the Board? There were a whole bunch of items posted as priority items for the Board and I didn't see this one among them, nor do I recall any mention of this. Will there be public comment before the decision or after the decision or this is strictly a Board decision? Where does this fall as a priority amongst those other topics?

Are there other topics being discussed that are not shown in the Priorities post from September 1? If so, I'd like to see this posted, and updates as new topics arise for dicussion.

If this is the wrong place for this comment, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    Making the next Maine Geocoin trackable or not is already being discussed? This will fall under the pervue of the Board? There were a whole bunch of items posted as priority items for the Board and I didn't see this one among them, nor do I recall any mention of this. Will there be public comment before the decision or after the decision or this is strictly a Board decision? Where does this fall as a priority amongst those other topics?
    Sheesh! Relax!

It's hard to remember which discussions are public and which are just among the board members. And I certainly don't remember any restrictions on what we can discuss. But perhaps I got ahead of myself. The intent is to appoint a committee to develop/market the next coin. We haven't even decided when we'll do one, and when we do, there'll be PLENTY of public input/discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    Where does this fall as a priority amongst those other topics?
    If it's not on the priority list, I think that answers your question. Again,we've discussed it. That's it. Another member asked a question about coin tracking, and I answered it to the best of my ability. I did not intend to start a discussion about the next Maine geocoin.

Well I think we ought to maybe start a discussion on a new coin. We are already into September now and only 4 more months and 06 will be history. Maybe forego a coin for this year and concentrate on getting a new coin out for the first of the year 07.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thank you for reading the update and asking questions - your feedback and comments are important.

The priority list that opened this thread is the whole list. We are identifying the details under each category and will provide updates as we move forward. We will ask for feedback along the way for sure.

One of the specific topics that has been identified to date is a 2006 coin, which will fall under projects. We have discussed it only in a broad sense so far and that came following an offer by a member to take the lead on a 2006 coin project. No decisions have been made by the Advisory Board regarding the 2006 coin - what the photo will be, whether it is trackable, if there will be an icon, etc. We have talked some about what we thought might be good options, but we believe that this does not need to be an Advisory Board process. We have welcomed the offer made and are awaiting a final response from him.

In the signature line for the Advisory Board, we asked that comments be made through the Feedback to the Board Members forums. This is only so that we can specifically address questions, concerns, opinions, etc. without changing the topic of the overall announcement.

Thank you again for your interest!!

All comments are a collaborative effort of the board members.

How Do I Find The 'priority' List And Is It Available For View To Everyone? I Wouldn't Want To List Something That Somone, Or Several People Have Already Asked For.

The list is the first post in this thread. And if you want to ask an advisory board member just read the post and it will be self-explanatory.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default " Board Members Only "

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Relax!

It's hard to remember which discussions are public and which are just among the board members. And I certainly don't remember any restrictions on what we can discuss. But perhaps I got ahead of myself. The intent is to appoint a committee to develop/market the next coin. We haven't even decided when we'll do one, and when we do, there'll be PLENTY of public input/discussion.
    Now the BOARD has " secret " discussions. Anything you want to let us know about? If we can discuss anything, how about the Maine Geocoin?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.