vb:literal>

Thread: Maine Geocoin Log Entries

Default Maine Geocoin Log Entries

Can the log entries for Maine Geocoins be changed?

Rick - look at the entry for coin #145. Seems a shame to have bad entries.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Can the log entries for Maine Geocoins be changed?

Rick - look at the entry for coin #145. Seems a shame to have bad entries.

Yes I can delete this. This is a good example as to why I would recommend that our next Maine coin be trackable on GC.com.

The reason being is that I am the only one that can go in and edit logs. I would like to add someone else to be able to do this, but the only problem with doing this is that I have to give someone access to edit SQL databases. There are two problems with me doing this.

1. The person has to understand how SQL data bases work, and they are not simple because it is all raw data.

2. By giving someone access the SQL data bases you open them up to full access to the web site and no one has full access to the web site. I am not talking access to the forums like as in being a administrator. I am talking full access to the Geocaching Maine section of the server. If someone made a simple mistake it would cause a be mistake if you know what I mean.

So my recommendation is to make the next Maine Geocoin trackable.
    Blazing Troll

Am not familiar with some of this discussion but do think the next coin should be trackable on Geocaching.com. Just my opinion of course - a unique icon would be nice but we all know adds to the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post

So my recommendation is to make the next Maine Geocoin trackable.
    The Advisory Board has been discussing this, and I think it is the way we'd like to go, but I believe we're going to submit it to a general vote.

Making the Geocoin trackable on GC.com is also the way Geocky went with their coins this year. My limited little tracking application is useful, to an extent, but certainly not able to compete with Geocaching.com's capabilities.

Just consider the cost, as well as the benefits. Geocky's coin went up in costs this year, and they had to buy 1,000 of them to get their own prefix and icon for tracking, so they had to charge more than previous years. The coin was issued early in 2006, and I don't think they've broken even yet.