vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally... 100

I known its not a numbers thing for sure. The girls and I, and now Fudd, throughly enjoy all the beautiful and interesting things we've seen and learned. The next 100 will probably take 2 more years but we aren't weekend couch potatoes anymore and we are all hooked

Nice job!! Take your time, you know what they say about quality versus quantity....

Default Not about the numbers eh?

The cachers that say that the most seem to have the fewest finds. Coincidence, I think not. I am totally kidding here gang. Way to go Debbie on that first great milestone. See you on Saturday at the Bashe.
    Happy Trails!

Smile First 100

Time is relative - but enjoyment lasts forever! If you have savored each find that is what counts. There are many reasons why the numbers go as they do - do not be bothered - just savor each moment, memory and place that you visit. If you are having a good time - that is what counts! Keep on caching!

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    I known its not a numbers thing for sure. The girls and I, and now Fudd, throughly enjoy all the beautiful and interesting things we've seen and learned. The next 100 will probably take 2 more years but we aren't weekend couch potatoes anymore and we are all hooked
    You've got the right idea and will find much more enjoyment this way than getting caught up in the numbers game. Congrats on the milestone and the attitude.

Congratulations! You'll see how quickly the next milestone comes, but more importantly, how many beautiful places you'll visit and wonderful memories you'll make. It's so healthy to be out and moving and exploring (even if it's a little - or a lot - addictive). Hope to see you on the trails or at the BASH. Good job!
    Appreciate everyone who has ever come into your life- for some come in as a blessing and others come in as a lesson.

Default 100!!

Congrats! 100 caches = 100 stories. It is about the experiences. Now on to 200 and beyond!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default That first 100

Your story about taking 2 years to get to 100 is similar to mine. I really enjoy geocaching but I have other pastimes that I spend time on as well so I am clearly not as dedicated as lots of the folks in Maine. The rubber chicken I found in my 100th cache reminded me that Laughing Terry has been at this for about as long as I have but he has logged about 750 more caches! I am still having fun and my caching trips might not be frequent but they are special. I also share your gratitude for the efforts of the folks who have placed all the caches I found on my way to 100.
    The trouble with doing nothing is that it is hard to know when you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by steverph View Post
    Your story about taking 2 years to get to 100 is similar to mine. I really enjoy geocaching but I have other pastimes that I spend time on as well so I am clearly not as dedicated as lots of the folks in Maine. The rubber chicken I found in my 100th cache reminded me that Laughing Terry has been at this for about as long as I have but he has logged about 750 more caches! I am still having fun and my caching trips might not be frequent but they are special. I also share your gratitude for the efforts of the folks who have placed all the caches I found on my way to 100.
    Ah yes, the perennial problem of having too many other fun hobbies . . . plus the annoying aspect of actually having to go to work (well, in my case I use the word "work" rather loosely being a government employee ). It might be an interesting thread sometime to find out what other hobbies people do in their free time when not geocaching. In fact, I might just start a thread.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."