vb:literal>

Thread: Down South

Default Down South

Hey all, I am down in South Carolina,visiting my sister who is being hospitalized. She is at the Piedmont Hospital in Rockhill SC about 30 miles from where she lives in Lancaster SC. Have been spending most of my time with her in the hospital but managed to get out for a little caching today. Went 2 for 5, my worst since I started caching. The caches are pretty spread apart in the area that I am in and from the caches that I did find,well they were nothing spectacular,unlike the caches in Maine.The weather has been pretty cool the last couple of days, in the 60's...lol Cool to the southerners anyway,but I'm loving it. If you care to check out the caches where I am at the zip is 29720. I met another guy on my way out from a cache and he was caching too so we teamed up for 3 more and came up empty on all 3. He was from Charlotte NC and he said that the caches in the Charlotte area were a lot better than the ones around here, oh well. Anyway can't wait to get back to Maine caching, IMHO you can't beat the Maine caches. See ya'll soon Haffy6 happy caching Saw my first gecko today

Unhappy Tough times

Hope your sister is well soon! Good to do some caching while you are there to help take care of yourself - who knows, maybe you'll find the one that I didn't find in Chapel Hill. I have DNF's around the country - LOL!! Enjoy the warm weather. Wishes for wellness to your sister.

Default Good caches can be found...

We did a little caching down that way last summer... one of our favorite caches to date was in southern NC. Bradley's Bottom was a big challenge for us but worth it! If you're in the area you may want to check it out. We were not in a heavily populated area so most of the local caches were of good quality.

Hope all turns out OK with your sister and you have a safe trip home!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Hey all, I am down in South Carolina,visiting my sister who is being hospitalized. She is at the Piedmont Hospital in Rockhill SC about 30 miles from where she lives in Lancaster SC. Have been spending most of my time with her in the hospital but managed to get out for a little caching today. Went 2 for 5, my worst since I started caching. Saw my first gecko today
    Darn! This isn't the sister we met at the Last Cache Bashe, is it? Hope she's better soon.

Did the gecko try and sell you any insurance?

Default We hope

all is well with your sister. Sometimes there are more important priorities in life but it's nice to fit in a little caching to relieve the stress. We'll hold down the Maine caches until you return.