vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night Caches

Default Night Caches

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for night caches,(Since Halloween is almost here and there's a lack of night caches around) Finding a place for one is proving to be pretty difficult, not a whole lot of public outdoor areas allow night access. (perhaps someone knows of private land where a night cache can be placed?)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default night caches

Any cache that you find after about 745PM, this time of year is a night cache. We love to night hunt. Just did 5 of them on the way home from Greenville. Spooky around cemetaries in late October.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

d’76 Guest

You could use the UMO forest in Old Town. People are on those trails all hours of the night. There are two places I would recommend. The forest right behind the elementary school(this is the access point, hundreds of people go bye there daily nobody will be suspicious of activity there.) on the bike path is an option and so is the trail system behind McDonalds on college Ave.

Sounds like a good Idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Any cache that you find after about 745PM, this time of year is a night cache. We love to night hunt. Just did 5 of them on the way home from Greenville. Spooky around cemetaries in late October.

I think you're missin the point gary... I'm lookin for placed to hide "NIGHT ONLY" Caches, like the cache in Palermo, the Osgood cache, You have to have a flashlight to follow reflective markers to find the cache. I've got a cool idea for a night multi cache... but no where to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    You could use the UMO forest in Old Town. People are on those trails all hours of the night. There are two places I would recommend. The forest right behind the elementary school(this is the access point, hundreds of people go bye there daily nobody will be suspicious of activity there.) on the bike path is an option and so is the trail system behind McDonalds on college Ave.

Sounds like a good Idea.
    Do people use them at night for the trails, or use them at night for other activities?? (the safety of the night cache/cacher is a pretty big concern)

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Do people use them at night for the trails, or use them at night for other activities?? (the safety of the night cache/cacher is a pretty big concern)

I think that you will be alset. I have been on those trial for 20 plus years and never had an incident. I am sure some things have gone down there. But nothing that I would be overly concerned with. The Old Town Police department manages this place quite well.

The places that I speak of are places that you may have been if you have done any of these caches.
    These two are behind the Elementary school
    Remember when Civil defense
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-9a4dbe415e22

Dude wheres my stash
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-740b9ae965eb

This one is on College Ave behind MacDonalds
    Run Forest Run
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...3-491a4d0695cb

d’76 Guest

Well I'm sure Hiram won't be placing any night caches all the way up in Old Town though. The hard part about putting out night caches is the fact it is hard to find a public place to put them without a lot of suspicion,certainly permission would be a prewequisite to putting one out unless you had your own land.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Well I'm sure Hiram won't be placing any night caches all the way up in Old Town though. The hard part about putting out night caches is the fact it is hard to find a public place to put them without a lot of suspicion,certainly permission would be a prewequisite to putting one out unless you had your own land.

I dunno, my new job is keeping up north a bit more, so taking care of it might not be hard to do, especially with dave volunteering to help out with it... I would like somethin closer, the whole reason for me startin the thread was to find places (private or public access) to place some night caches that wouldn't disturb anyone.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I dunno, my new job is keeping up north a bit more, so taking care of it might not be hard to do, especially with dave volunteering to help out with it... I would like somethin closer, the whole reason for me startin the thread was to find places (private or public access) to place some night caches that wouldn't disturb anyone.

I would gladly maintian the cache for you. We could just get it set up togeather then your all set.